List I know

Casey Currie, Air shock,lockers and poss tranny issue

Jt taylor, tranny failure

Roger Lovell, running issue, vapor locking

Trent Fab, hole in the motor.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Robert Foster/Mike Stowe #269 In the Pink, LCQ qualifier.

Electrical issues past Aftershock at mile 49. The car still ran, but we decided to call it and not risk burning the car up.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

Electrical issues past Aftershock at mile 49. The car still ran, but we decided to call it and not risk burning the car up.
Wow, that sucks. I was standing at the exit of Aftershock with my dog and you guys looked like you were doing great.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Tracy Jordan - brake and tranny problems

Rob MacCachren - blown engine around RM90 (heard over the radio)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Car #1368 broken leaf spring, holes in oil pan, and a bent front axle housing. Ran out of time at mile 80. But I never had so much fun in my life, King of the Hammers kicks rocks.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Car 66 4Wheel Parts

Bottom of Outer Limits, upper link mount ripped away from the chassis:(

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Dave Cole's car , 4454 in the digital barf Griffin wrap lost three tires, with Nazir Adam driving.

·
Registered
16,106 Posts
916 - out at the base of sledge - no lights.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Les Figueroa 4478 was out at the top of Jack with charging problems. We got him off the mountain late in the evening. BTW, the Yaesu 2m radios will get to the lakebed with only 9 volts in the battery. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is from a email i sent to a a friend.

Funny how it's the little things that cause the big problems! RM 10, Spare parts bag comes loose, still attached by a strap, takes out the distributor cap. This is a no-chase race so BFG remote pit is 2 miles ahead, I start hoofing it. Bryan gets the coil post to stay in place with a zip tie and limps it into the pit. We get it fixed. and are an hour behind the field.

On a mission we are somewhat fast as we are starting to pass other car, some broken some moving! RM 34 Main pit we are in allot of other cars are still getting worked on. Our car seems good nothing loose and running good! Dumped fuel, look over the car and go!

RM 44, Car is hot (Real hot) eng is not happy! 10 miles back to main or 12 to next remote pit. Thank god for radios, Wild Bill relays message back to main that we need water and our crew finds a driver willing to bring it to us (this is the only way to legally bring parts not to a pit).

Car carrying water is having fuel pump issues and it seems to take forever to get the water to us, this probably was a good thing as it gave the eng time to cool. We finally get the water and go!

RM 50 after running Aftershock (a gnarly rock section) eng is hot again! Now after taking a short cut toward remote pit (legal if we return to the course at the point we left) the eng will go no more! 500 yards from pit I run for more water! This time the eng did not cool down and I don't need to tell you what happened.

Well, turns out I had a 13 lb cap on the radiator allowing too much water out over extended runs. We hadn't ran more than about 10 miles at a time prior to the race and probably topped off the radiator.

I knew I had a 13 lb cap on but the radiator has been in the last couple of cars and I was worried about it leaking if it got too much pressure, kinda ironic the race is sponsored by Griffin (probably could have gotten a smokin deal on a new radiator).

50 miles out of 135 and 8 out of 18 check points, this is actually a average Finnish to the race. usually only about a third complete all the race.

New motor(more HP), new radiator(repositioned) better and more straps for parts/tool bags.
Maybe next year!

·
Mr. DJ
20,842 Posts

that's a bummer, sorry man.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
4424 team Nasty

After welding a link bolt back in and a ujoint cap back in the driveshaft, we blew the cap and weld out of the shaft on outer limits and lost the rear shaft in the desert at RM60. drove to 62 with the front, and decided not to winch for half a day trying to get back to camp where the spares were.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Dave Cole's car , 4454 in the digital barf Griffin wrap lost three tires, with Nazir Adam driving.
He said the PS pump quit too.

Napier/Slawson car broke a rear upper link and rear driveline.

Pook/Gibson said they toasted the alt., steering and front shaft in the middle of Sledgehammer.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts