Discussion Starter #1
FLIGHT INFORMATION
Sat, 04FEB12
(PHL) 8:15 AM - (DEN) 10:30 AM
(DEN) 11:50 AM (PSP) 1:03 PM

Sun, 12FEB12
(PSP) 5:45 AM - (SFO) 7:23 AM
(SFO) 9:06 AM - (PHL) 5:24 PM

That is Philadelphia to Palm Springs through Denver on 2/4/12 and returning on 2/12/12 From Palm Springs to Philadelphia through San Francisco.

Anyone else flying into or out of Palm Springs on these dates? Post your travel plans.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the palm springs to san francisco flight will be interesting
Not sure what your defintiton of interesting is...all I know it is a little plane and I am a big man and am not sure who I am looking forward to sitting next to.

Truthfully I did not want to go through San Fran only because the fog and low visibilty caused by the bay makes it difficult to land and take off at times. But it was the flight that got me back to Philadelphia the earliest!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Leaving Palm Springs the 12th at 6:35 AM hopefuuly without a hangover and the rental Grand Cherokee still driveable going to Dallas.

Clayton

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
the palm springs to san francisco flight will be interesting
Nice one Bob!

Tree, there is a certain sexual preference that both Palm Springs and San Francisco have a large population of... it could be a very happy flight, some might even say gay! I think you would qualify as a "Bear". :D

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one Bob!

Tree, there is a certain sexual preference that both Palm Springs and San Francisco have a large population of... it could be a very happy flight, some might even say gay! I think you would qualify as a "Bear". :D
Thank-you Mark for the quick lesson...I was unaware that California was filled with so much gayness. Guess when I was a temporary resident for a year these places never peaked my interest...no pun intended.

In all actuality I am quite confident in my manly hood...have not seen it under my belly for several years...but know where and who it is supposed to be touched by!!! I am a Philly fan but was never a fan of Penn State...new that Sandusky was up to sometihng!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
In all actuality I am quite confident in my manly hood...
Never had a doubt there my friend. I just thought Bob's comment was really funny, in a very subtle way. I hope I did not offend. Sorry for the thread hijack. Carry on.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never had a doubt there my friend. I just thought Bob's comment was really funny, in a very subtle way. I hope I did not offend. Sorry for the thread hijack. Carry on.
No offense taken! The little time we spend together...I know you all to well to know that you would never be offensive...unless the situation truley dictated you to be so!

Can't wait to get out there in February! Maybe the flight attendants with their happiness...or gayness...will be in a hurry to get to their destination and the pilot will put it in to turbospeed!!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
What is the best airport to fly into. Was planning Ontario but that looks a good way aways.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ontario and Palm Springs are just about the same distance to the lake bed and the closest options. I have never flown into Palm Springs but figured I would give it a shot this year. Ontario I know for sure is a very easy airport to navigate and I have heard the same for Palm Springs.

Either way there are no direct flights into the area unless you want to fly into LA which is another 2 hours away without traffic.

Edit: Flying from Texas you may be able to get a direct flight into either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
koh flight plans

6am midway to vegas jump in class a rv and drive in on 8th
12th leave vegas at 2 and arrive at south bend seem to be the best for us team hackshack racing going out to spectator the best race in the world

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6am midway to vegas jump in class a rv and drive in on 8th
12th leave vegas at 2 and arrive at south bend seem to be the best for us team hackshack racing going out to spectator the best race in the world
Did you check with any RV's that will deliver to the lakebed. I know with mileage RV's can add up and might equal the cost of flying to Palm Springs or Ontario. Plus you would not have the hassle of driving the RV...think of it as a room already on the lake bed waiting for your arrival!!!

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
I'm not flying this year. :bounce:

It's hard to bring a buggy on an airplane. I had fun last year, but not as fun as years when I've had my buggy and toter on the lakebed.

OK, the couch in Chris Bolger's RV is equally as comfy as the bed in my Toter...but not being able to run trails sucked!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not flying this year. :bounce:

It's hard to bring a buggy on an airplane. I had fun last year, but not as fun as years when I've had my buggy and toter on the lakebed.

OK, the couch in Chris Bolger's RV is equally as comfy as the bed in my Toter...but not being able to run trails sucked!
Awesome...when are you showing up? In the two++ years I have actually worked the extent I have seen of the trails is from the SXS and back door. Never been on the race course except the wash by the start/finish line!!! Lucky you!!!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other thread

I struggled with it...but had to ignore the posts by you and Dustin in reference to me racing with Peter as my co-driver! I could not wad up that thread as his name is not worthy of being mentioned in there and I was not going to give any fuel to his "followers":shaking:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ontario will be cheaper to fly into but could take longer to drive due to traffic depending on when you get there.

Palm Springs doesn't see as many flights as Ontario or LAX so it's usually more expensive to fly into but it's only about an hours drive to the lakebed...sadly there's no In-and-Out burger on the way unless you take a detour:p

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ontario will be cheaper to fly into but could take longer to drive due to traffic depending on when you get there.

Palm Springs doesn't see as many flights as Ontario or LAX so it's usually more expensive to fly into but it's only about an hours drive to the lakebed...sadly there's no In-and-Out burger on the way unless you take a detour:p
When I booked my flight the cost was $4 cheaper to fly into Palm Springs. I know years passed Ontario was definetly cheaper. Either way...Ontario or Palm Springs are your best bets.

·
Registered
222 Posts
not leaving till the 7th, but depart from dc at 930am to dallas.leave dallas to arrive in ontario at 230. grab the rv, the rental and some food and on to the lakebed

1 - 20 of 52 Posts