Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Krusty, I would be honored to race against you. You were the first to greet me at my first jambo 8 yrs ago. Put up what you need, I'm sure we'd all chip in. I was able to borrow a fire suit.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
look folks, before this gets out of hand----

i have too many trails and too many miles lookin in the rear view mirror---
i love the thought of raceing WITH, (not against) the GREATEST prople to ever roll across the earth.
my love and my life is just to be able to shake a few hands, walk among, look at the machines you have built with care and devotion, to listen to the sounds of your race and your machines, the love of being with folks, even on the trails of battle.
i doubt that my body would stand up to the dreams of my mind----
i know the Krustoy wouldn't hold up to 'competion'--

my life and love is fulfilled, just by being on the outter fringes of the thing Dave and Jeff have brought forth, KOH.

just to wander thru the pits, hang by the fire, share a beer or two, listen to the rantings----these are the things that make a life complete !

to have a EAST coast guy of the stature of Adam Woodlee ask ME what would be a good 'race strataegy'----- it made a eye moist.

maybe he didn't get right away what i said----"you have an open beer in your left hand, just drive and don't spill the beer'--

just to be a part of the KOH thing---- thats why i put on the blue shirt and stood out in the dust--- just to wave at the greatest folks driveing by----- what more could an old guy want.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
FOA Chris,
it is folks like YOU that keep the dream alive for so many---

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
well said Krusty, well said

But as Warren Miller said..."what you don't do this year, you will be another year older when you do"

·
Registered
330 Posts
Everyman Challenge Race at KOH

I know race course will be top secret thats good, but can we get maybe an estimated length of race , will it be over 100 miles or say 75 this would helpful for some on a budget.G

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I know race course will be top secret thats good, but can we get maybe an estimated length of race , will it be over 100 miles or say 75 this would helpful for some on a budget.G
Think 70 miles of desert + Claw, Big Johnson, Balderdash, Aftershock, Fissure, Martel, and Elvis

·
Registered
271 Posts
70 miles is a good haul for a stock/mod truck out there from what I saw last February!! I am looking forward to it and hope that the time passes slowly....lol....gotta finish the Manche!

Have any updates on entrants/numbers registered thus far. Just curious as I have not seen the lists updated for a while now.
:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
stock / mod race at koh length of race/ tire sponsors

under 100 miles total means 1 fill up if I get 3 miles to the gallon , seems possible , 32 gallon jaz fuel cell , If I also keep my junk rolling ! I can't wait , no tire sponsors I see anyone out there giving discounts, this one race requires me to down size from 39 irocs to 37 big cost for two F-kin inches ,and one Race , my personal opinion any Dot tire under 40"s keeps cost down. oh well can't put a price on a good time !!:)

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
under 100 miles total means 1 fill up if I get 3 miles to the gallon , seems possible , 32 gallon jaz fuel cell , If I also keep my junk rolling ! I can't wait , no tire sponsors I see anyone out there giving discounts, this one race requires me to down size from 39 irocs to 37 big cost for two F-kin inches ,and one Race , my personal opinion any Dot tire under 40"s keeps cost down. oh well can't put a price on a good time !!:)
Tires are maybe gonna be a 1/4 of what it's gonna cost you to be prepared enough to run this race! I hope you are ready for max'd out credit cards and over-drawn bank accounts! :eek: :flipoff2:

·
Mr. DJ
20,843 Posts
Tires are maybe gonna be a 1/4 of what it's gonna cost you to be prepared enough to run this race! I hope you are ready for max'd out credit cards and over-drawn bank accounts! :eek: :flipoff2:
TRUFF!!!

:laughing:

·
Registered
384 Posts
HAHA I started 2 months ago with a cleared out patch of concrete floor in my shop and some random leftover parts.
I wish all I had to do was get tires.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
HAHA I started 2 months ago with a cleared out patch of concrete floor in my shop and some random leftover parts.
I wish all I had to do was get tires.
Well I haven't started!... I just tried to qualify at the Reno Stampede in unlimited form. I don't know what's going to happen right now. I've got some life shit that's come up, that's going to make a major rebuild to race in modified difficult to pull off. If I leave my rig alone (mostly) I can run LCQ again and hope to get in that way. I'm also entertaining the idea of trying to team up with someone that's got a rig to race in modified. The tough part is talking someone into letting me drive their rig :flipoff2: I'm pretty consistent with the broke, rolled over and fire thing! :laughing:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Everyman Challenge Race at KOH Tire Discounts

my opinion this race is about rigs that are not pushing six figures , for people that have stock or modified stock vehicles , I just happen to wheel my jeep with 39's and didn't want to downsize to 37's, having a well built rig already ,
the costs will still get to about 10grand to convert and add saftey items to my rig . extra 2,000 grand for smaller tires. Blows ,Like I said before can't put a price on a good time !!! Any tire discounts out there ?

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
my opinion this race is about rigs that are not pushing six figures , for people that have stock or modified stock vehicles , I just happen to wheel my jeep with 39's and didn't want to downsize to 37's, having a well built rig already ,
the costs will still get to about 10grand to convert and add saftey items to my rig . extra 2,000 grand for smaller tires. Blows ,Like I said before can't put a price on a good time !!! Any tire discounts out there ?
I hear ya, but the tire size was meant to help new builds as well. How do you have you in your axles to make them race ready and bullet proof to run 39 stickies. Now build the same car with 37's.

You might have already made that investment, we made the rules for the long haul.

I personally think the Stock Class will be won on Toy axles or D44's ;)

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
my opinion this race is about rigs that are not pushing six figures
I agree. But I will also state, it won't be long untill rigs costing that much hit the starting line of this race. A rig built to the letter of the rules can easily exceed that $ dollar amount. Have fun while you can! :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
My view is that you allready have a capable rig and need to change tire size and add safety items
I'm throwing every red cent I have.... short of getting evicted, at this race and hope I can pull this off with my wrench turning hourly wage.
Be happy you have 5 months to line up some tires.:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I haven't started!... I just tried to qualify at the Reno Stampede in unlimited form. I don't know what's going to happen right now. I've got some life shit that's come up, that's going to make a major rebuild to race in modified difficult to pull off.
You mean I wont be passing mini van's at this race BALLOCKS

The tough part is talking someone into letting me drive their rig :flipoff2: I'm pretty consistent with the broke, rolled over and fire thing! :laughing:
Way to upsell your self LOL
If my co dawg backs out ..have you ever broke or set fire to a GPS ?:laughing:

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Deadline to get your registration in to be included in the Starting Order Draw is Friday 9/30.

Entries will be accepted afterwards but will start at the back of the pack.

We will be issuing 4500/4600 numbers based on request. 4500 for Modified, 4600 for Stock. It is not required to use a number in that range unless you plan to compete in other sanction bodies events (BITD, SCORE, etc)

Dave

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Deadline to get your registration in to be included in the Starting Order Draw is Friday 9/30.

Entries will be accepted afterwards but will start at the back of the pack.

We will be issuing 4500/4600 numbers based on request. 4500 for Modified, 4600 for Stock. It is not required to use a number in that range unless you plan to compete in other sanction bodies events (BITD, SCORE, etc)

Dave
Ok, call me ignorant, but where do we pay for this?

181 - 200 of 377 Posts