Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
what the balls the one that was on today on my tv was the 08 superduty airbag show FAIL i woke up for this??

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
When is that, and who does my new shop help have to suck off so I can be there?

:smokin:
Dont worry unless your name was Shannon Campbell they didnt even mention you!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Home made biodiesel is not approved for motor vehicle use. Not saying dont make it, but the alphabet soup agencies mentioned dont endorse it unless it meets ASTM standards from an approved manufacturer or retailer. TECHNICALLY, you are supposed to record what you make and pay the taxes, as Courtney mentioned at the end. That would make your 1.20 per gallon closer to 2 dollars per gallon dep on your state and local taxes. Fed gas tax is about 50 cents/gallon IIRC...

Free oil is getting harder and harder to find and no most restaurants dont pay to have oil taken away any more. They either dont pay anything and dump it into a tank provided by the collection company or some companies, especially for large customers, pay them for the oil bc they use it as feedstock for bio and other stuff.

Some vehicles newer than 92 will require modification, you cant make the blanket statement that bio will run in all cars and trucks after that year without problems or modifications. B5 or b10 will run different than b100 in almost cars and climates.

Bio has slightly less energy per unit than dino diesel so mileage and power may suffer slightly. You may also need to change your filters more frequently, as bio acts as a solvent and cleans out all the crap in your engine.

and finally, the WD40 truck looks even worse this week than it did last week :flipoff2:

should have done more KOH in the desert and less KOH for biodiesel :D

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Its great to see this kind of event on TV.

Too bad you screwed up so bad on the reporting. First, Randy Slawson was the one to jump out to an early lead that he held for half of the race. JR didn't pass Randy until right before JR broke.
You still don't have it right, Dustin. No matter how many people keep saying this still won't make it true.
Pfftt, I'm not going to argue about it any more, that was so last year :flipoff2:

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
You still don't have it right, Dustin. No matter how many people keep saying this still won't make it true.
Pfftt, I'm not going to argue about it any more, that was so last year :flipoff2:
According to my records.. which are kinda the only ones that matter:flipoff2:

I believe JR was leading most of the race on time... but was behind Randy on the course. Ironically, around the time that JR passed Randy, Shannon passed him on time ;)

Great coverage Ian. You guys rock.

I will be in touch

Dave

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Pfftt, I'm not going to argue about it any more, that was so last year
Whatever JR Reynolds...Lol.

According to my records.. which are kinda the only ones that matter

I believe JR was leading most of the race on time... but was behind Randy on the course. Ironically, around the time that JR passed Randy, Shannon passed him on time
Well, then, ummm, who paid you to keep track anyways...

JK

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Home made biodiesel is not approved for motor vehicle use. Not saying dont make it, but the alphabet soup agencies mentioned dont endorse it unless it meets ASTM standards from an approved manufacturer or retailer. TECHNICALLY, you are supposed to record what you make and pay the taxes, as Courtney mentioned at the end. That would make your 1.20 per gallon closer to 2 dollars per gallon dep on your state and local taxes. Fed gas tax is about 50 cents/gallon IIRC...

Free oil is getting harder and harder to find and no most restaurants dont pay to have oil taken away any more. They either dont pay anything and dump it into a tank provided by the collection company or some companies, especially for large customers, pay them for the oil bc they use it as feedstock for bio and other stuff.

Some vehicles newer than 92 will require modification, you cant make the blanket statement that bio will run in all cars and trucks after that year without problems or modifications. B5 or b10 will run different than b100 in almost cars and climates.

Bio has slightly less energy per unit than dino diesel so mileage and power may suffer slightly. You may also need to change your filters more frequently, as bio acts as a solvent and cleans out all the crap in your engine.

and finally, the WD40 truck looks even worse this week than it did last week :flipoff2:

should have done more KOH in the desert and less KOH for biodiesel :D
According to the research I did Bio Diesel is approved by EPA, CARB, and DOE you can test your bio to ensure it meets ATSM standards and keep records of your fuel to prove you are meeting these standards.

Filing form 720 in our area added to the per gallon cost, even if it is 2.00 that is less than 1/2 price so I don't see why you are complaining.

Free oil was difficult to find but once we talked to a few restaurants they were willing to give us the rights to all their oil as long as I supplied them with a storage tank for them to dump in. Two of the three were still paying for removal and were happy to give it away for free.

Every vehicle reacts differently to the BIO, some may idle a little rougher and if you are running in cold climates you would certainly want to mix in some fossil fuel to get the anti gelling features.

Like everything you see on a How To TV show it is there to expose people to the bigger picture of making fuel. At least I spent time discussing the safety aspests of working with KOH and Methanol, another show that spent time making bio had the person standing over an open bucket stirring Lye and Methanol together with just a pair of gloves on breathing in a nice toxic clooud.

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
I love how you always come on here and defend your half-assed positions on your show when you know Pirate has been on the forefront for years.

I hope your show declines seriously when Jesse leaves and we never see it again. There are plenty of poser TV shows. You had the chance to make one that wasn't, and you failed.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
I love how you always come on here and defend your half-assed positions on your show when you know Pirate has been on the forefront for years.

I hope your show declines seriously when Jesse leaves and we never see it again. There are plenty of poser TV shows. You had the chance to make one that wasn't, and you failed.

You should stop covering up your feelings and tell us how you really feel. :flipoff2:

41 - 60 of 135 Posts