Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always heard of Timken bearings, but recently saw a set of Koyo bearings on ebay (for Dana 60). Up until then I had never heard of Koyo.

I did a search here and saw a few references to Koyo (all positive) and many references to Timken (both positive and negative).

Are there really any major differences between them, or is it strictly personal preference?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think Chrysler went to Koyo for all of there bearing applications, I have been running them in my 60 and 44 and have had no problems, The cage seems a bit beefier, and quality is great to excellent....

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I've used tons of Koyo bearings in motorcycles and never really had a problem except in my RM 250 that I ran alcohol in. I upgraded to a Koyo bearing with 2 more balls in it and the wear probem went away. Never had a problem I think of with Timkin bearings--both in my opinion are a good if not great replacement bearing for most uses.

Jason :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
have expierence with both. they both are good bearings.

happy trails
rich *ruger* :usa:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
both are good brands like mentioned above... i have used both, and as much as I hate to admit it, bearings made in Japan are the shiznit

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the input. Just wanted some feedback before I made a purchase.

·
Registered
769 Posts
As an FYI -- alot of the Japanese stuff is grey/black market stuff coming from China and can be crap. Not saying you'll have a failure, just beware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts