Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the latest 4WD&SU and was wondering if anyone has used them or seen them in person? I called and they are $25 each. not a bad price I thought.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Price seems low enough... what thread on the shank?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I don't agree with the revolutionary part :rolleyes:

The part that interested me was the 3/4" fine thread shank forged into the body. All the others you need to weld something to it and then it is hard to make adjustable.

I also noticed Teraflex is making a joint now as well with a 1 1/4" 12TPI shank on it. Def. looks stronger than this one.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Chet said:
Ya I don't agree with the revolutionary part :rolleyes:

The part that interested me was the 3/4" fine thread shank forged into the body. All the others you need to weld something to it and then it is hard to make adjustable.

I also noticed Teraflex is making a joint now as well with a 1 1/4" 12TPI shank on it. Def. looks stronger than this one.
currie will sell the JJ's with threaded shanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My Cherokee has a Rockkrawler kit on the front, and as a matter of fact the Salt Lake distributor for rockkrawler is bringing a set for me to put on. I will let you know how well they hold up.

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
don't know about the rest of you, but I havn't been impressed by rockcrawler yet... flexes real nice, right up until it breaks. I'd probably give this one some time to prove it'self before you give them any $$$.

·
Registered
280 Posts
AZFord4x4 said:
don't know about the rest of you, but I havn't been impressed by rockcrawler yet... flexes real nice, right up until it breaks. I'd probably give this one some time to prove it'self before you give them any $$$.
What have you seen break on them? Let me know so I can prepare for it.:D

·
Registered
280 Posts
P&T jeeps said:
EVERYTHING... wait until your whole axle falls off! :laughing: :barf:
Serious! I hope this doesn't happen to me, there has to be another reason it failed. Shitty welds and what not is what I have seen.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
just wait... I can't believe you haven't heard all of the horror stories yet. search here before you buy anything. good luck! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
P&T jeeps said:
just wait... I can't believe you haven't heard all of the horror stories yet. search here before you buy anything. good luck! :D
I already have the kit on my Cherokee, but it is modified from what it's supposed to be. So hopefuly it holds up, especially because it's going in the UROC Legends class after it get's a cage.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
P&T jeeps said:
EVERYTHING... wait until your whole axle falls off! :laughing: :barf:
Been there...done that! All I have left of the kit is the rear leafs. All the rest of the junk is sitting in the corner.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Jsut to let you all know, O think Alan over at rockbuggysupply.com may still have some large Rubicon Express Super-Flex joints for $26. May want to jump on it, he only had about 20 left a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
824 Posts
ASH said:

Serious! I hope this doesn't happen to me, there has to be another reason it failed. Shitty welds and what not is what I have seen.
The biggest problem i've seen with the kit is that they rely too much on the strength of the factory coil/shock mount...which subsequently tears off with the 'torque arm'.... :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts