Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my neighborhood about 8 inches snow this morning...and i decided to drive the Jeep to work

let me tell you...

the krawlers didnt even slip. absolutely phenomenal traction in 8 inches of snow. They handled just as well on the sleek streets too

when i had the MT/R's i had to put the Jeep in 4wd in the same conditions, while with the Krawlers i was still in 2wd and no problems whatsover

I am sure if this reflects how they will do on the trail..I am really surprised they did so well. Thev even kicked up chunks of snow as if it was mud( kinda cool)

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
That is good to know since I plan on doing a snow run or two this year ('04) .... How are your's wearing? How many miles do you have on them?

Kevin

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far maybe like 200 miles :)

no visible wear...the tread still has all the little hairs on it :)

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
did you notice that they squeek.....

I got to go on a few snow runs during thanksgiving. A good friend of mine has a set of 35s on his TJ, traded over from running 36x12.5 SX swampers. The radial design of the Krawler does MUCH better in the snow. I have always liked radials for that one reason. When you air down a radial you don't get any folding in the sidewall, you just get bluge.

That TJ is a pig at almost 5000 pounds....stupid 60s :), but the krawlers worked well at 3psi in the deep stuff. They will dig if you spin them though....but if you can stay off the throttle enough they worked great.

I would like to see a set on something a lot lighter....I think they would really work well then at about 2psi. The other rigs on the trip where a lot lighter, but not nearly as built, minimal gearing and just rear lockers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts