Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several of our customers began ripping their pre-fabricated upper link mounts, Krawltex decided to come up with a full length truss that helps spread the entire load of a vehicle across the axle housing during hard usage. Included are pinion support brackets which tie in to the truss. We are offering our 14 Bolt full length truss in 3/16" steel. When we designed the truss, the fitment is the exact contour of the housing. What this means for the installer? Once assembled, our 14 bolt truss can be welded directly to the cast center portion of the axle. At the shop, we TIG weld this area with nickel rod for the ultimate in strength. We are offering these at an introductory price of $250 plus tax and shipping, if applicable. Full length trusses for other axles are in the works. Call up to the shop and get yours today! 512-996-9669

Here's a full kit ready for customer pick up

Fully assembled for axle mounting

We will try and get pics that are more clear than this, but here's the pinion support installed

Again, sorry for the pic! Here's a full length shot on our Ultra 4

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just recieved this truss system this weekend, and I have to say the quality of the pieces are second to none. I'll snap some pics of mine as it gets on the axle this week! Great product Krawltex!!!

Carl

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lifted02350,

We definately would be open to designing a truss for this axle. We would need a housing to take our measurements off of. Are you local?

·
Registered
118 Posts
no NY it looks like the truss i made for my 14 bolt except 1.75 .120 dom makin the arch and dimple died instead of tube inserts but very nice wrk man if u get one of them axles in soon like real soon let me b the first to order or if i can take any for u ill use my superduty axle its a 10.5 or im pickinup a 10.25 this weekend i cld snap pics and measure it out for ya ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for getting back to you guys so late! We are slammed trying to get our KOH buggy entries ready for LCQ.

Unibugy:I don't have a late model ribbed 14 bolt to template a different front piece.

lifted02350:we really need a good housing in front of us to build the truss plates. first the contours are cut out with cardboard, drawn out on graph paper, then CAD'ed up in the software. After we cut the pieces out, they are assembled and checked for fitment. and if we need to redo them, we make adjustments... so having the axle housing in front of us is really imperative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts