Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to take a momment and give 2 thumbs up and some kudos to the folks at Eaton Corp and their EXCELLENT customer service. :beer: :beer:

I'll explain. I had their new E-locker for my new front Dana 60 on back order for about 3 months and it finally came in. GREAT, It's Thursday and I leave the following Thursday for a ride in WV. So my buddy who does gears comes over to help me with the install and we find there is ALOT of backlash, so much in fact it can't be shimmed. WTF? (I'll post pics below) We compare the E-locker to the Trac-loc and find about 3/16 difference between the two ring gear flanges/mounts. He says the Eaton is for 4:10 and down and NOT 4:56 and up, which is what I ordered. I check the box and the E-locker and the numbers match and are indeed the correct number for a 4:56 and up gears, but it ain't right. So I take some pics and email Eaton directly Friday morning first thing explaining the 'snafu'. Well within a few hours I get several emails. First one is the from the customer manager

" John:

Please call me ASAP, since the 19761-010 "is" for the 4.56 and up gear
ratio. I am out of the office tomorrow, so if you are unable to get
ahold of me before then call Mark Kramer at 269 789-xxxx.

Michael A. Hewitt
Customer Manager
Automotive Performance Aftermarket
Eaton Corporation
824 Industrial Road
Marshall, MI 49068

and a response email from the senior product engineer ! He writes :

" Please call me at 269-789-xxxx. From your picture, it looks like the distance showing is about 2.20". The Dana 60 4 series should be 2.35" (about 3/16" difference). This appears to be a mistake in shipping, but I'd like to confirm to make sure we have this solved.

Thanks,
Mark Kramer
Senior Product Engineer
Eaton Torque Control "

So I call him and we talk, I mention that I have a ride this coming Thursday and wanted to have the E-locker for this ride so I could do a small write up on it. (Coming in another post) Well HOTDOG , Eaton steps up to the plate and not ONCE did they EVER try to BS me or give me the 'run-around' in any way. They showed nothing but the most professional, freindly and genuine concern for ME and MY locker issue. By Friday late afternoon I was asked to call back on Monday morning and they would OVERNIGHT me a new locker and pay for return shipment of the other one !!! (There's that Eaton professionalism, shining through) So I call Monday morning and on Tuesday, 9am, I have a complete new E-locker. GOT TO LOVE THAT ! Tuesday night the E-locker is installed with only .001 shim required. Wedsday night the axle is put back together and the E-locker is wired up and tested. It works, and I leave Thursday on schedule for some excellent trails with Mountaineer Off Road in West, by god, Virginia ! Thanks Eaton !

Here's a pic showing the difference between the orginal Trac Loc and the first E-locker I was sent, which came from a distributor in Compton CA. The E-locker is on the right.

This is the second E-locker that came directly from Eaton Corp. As you can see, they match.

Here we are setting the backlash on the 5:13 gears.

Me putting the axles all back together.

Thanks to Eatons rapid and professional response, I had a great trip, and Eaton Corp earned my respect and business in a BIG way. I can't say enough how much I appreciate the service I received from these people. THANKS Micheal, Mark and Darshan ! KUDOS !

JB

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Any word on whether or not they're going to start MASS producing the 60 lockers? They've only been doing them in small batches last I checked.

Sean

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue Sean. I would assume that they are in production right now. I think they are playing catch up with all the back orders first.

JB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sean said:
Any word on whether or not they're going to start MASS producing the 60 lockers? They've only been doing them in small batches last I checked.

Sean
From Eaton Corp:

Yes, we are in production, but due to a combination of both high demand and difficulty with suppliers, there is a back-order at times. I believe they are currently in stock.

Thanks,
Mark

So you should be seeing them soon.
JB

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
ROCKEATR said:
Me putting the axles all back together.
Ya trying to make it look like you actually work on your junk? :flipoff2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts