Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project when I was 15... Started with a stock 1986 toyota 4x4 pickup that my dad used as a work truck. This truck has been through 2 stages. First stage was SASed, stock drivetrain, 37" tires, 5.29 diffs, power steering (did not have any before), 5" leafs in the rear, 4" leafs in the front, exocage, and an extra seat in the back.

here is a before and after for the first stage of the truck:
Before:

In Between:

This is how it looks now, still working on it but it runs and we wheel it often :grinpimp::

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few pictures from when I first got started:

Needed to get rid of the ifs asap!

Once finished with that, on went the leaf springs and solid axle...axle is from a 1985 toyota pickup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After the new suspension was in, got started on some fabrication. Cut some of the sheet metal off and started with the exocage.

opened up the back for the extra seat, and more room for the front seats

making room for the seat...

Once that was in and bolted on, Got started with the cage :smokin:

Made the rock sliders and rear/front bumpers first... since they where the strong points for the entire cage:

Rear:

front:

Then came in the rest of the cage:

The final product with that cage:

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Theres something on the front of your truck.:flipoff2:

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Please tell me that stinger and front bumper abortion is a joke and you are really just fucking with us all? :laughing:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea yea, I know.....So here is the beginning of the second stage
Had to get rid of the exocageand that front bumper was next:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
You guys miss the current stage pic where the exo and bonerinsweatpants stinger is gone? :flipoff2:

Also, to the OP, where do you "wheel in often" that you don't have rock sliders or caved in rockers?

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
So wait I am confused, is that orange truck yours now? or you just like that one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The blue truck with the stinger and the orange truck at the beginning of the thread are the same one...those are the 2 stages!:shaking:

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
You guys miss the current stage pic where the exo and bonerinsweatpants stinger is gone? :flipoff2:

Also, to the OP, where do you "wheel in often" that you don't have rock sliders or caved in rockers?
i would say it is tall enough to not need them :flipoff2:
The blue truck with the stinger and the orange truck at the beginning of the thread are the same one...those are the 2 stages!:shaking:
i caught it. i was just giving the op shit:flipoff2:

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Ah well in that case good. I was confused because there was two different users posting pics of the same rig. I like that orange setup.

EDIT nevemind I see the differences in the orange rigs :beer:

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
Ah well in that case good. I was confused because there was two different users posting pics of the same rig. I like that orange setup.

EDIT nevemind I see the differences in the orange rigs :beer:
looks like two different orange toys to me

edit; you got me with the ninja edit

1 - 20 of 34 Posts