Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to talk to the club members of the Lake Arrowhead Club. Does anyone from that club run on this board? Does anyone from this board know someone from that club?
If so please send me contact info...
Thanks
Rich Klein
CalROCS
530-622-0370

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Hey Rich,

Sorry I missed you at TDS, hope you made it home without much trouble. Regarding sites in the Arrowhead area. It doesn't look good. I talked to a buddy at the USFS and he said Squint's Ranch has been sold but it does not include the adjoining canyons. It's all flat desert type stuff. Asking around, it doesn't appear that we have what you need. Almost all of our runnable terrain is National Forest.

Let me know if you're ever in the area (including Johnson Valley). I'd love to catch up with you.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
409 Posts
Might want to try and talk to 1badjeep and Rockbuggy. They aren't in that club but are from the area and might have some useful information........

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Rich,
Rockbuggy and I are from one of the only clubs up here in arrowhead, the rockskullz. As far as doing an arrowhead run, its doable, but like it was said earlier, its not that great for anything but maybe modified stock rigs. I mean, I've run just about all the trails in big bear, and Ive just got the usual 6" lift 35's, and lockers at each end, and its done fine for that. But you could hold like a modified stock competition with SOME challenge. What else would you like to know?
Scott

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Scott,
I think Rich needed private land. I'm from Arrowhead also, the only private land of any significant size that I knew of was Squints Ranch out on 3N34D. I thought that, incorrectly as it turns out, the ranch included the canyons on the North Edge of the runway, it doesn't. As far as the rest of trails go, they're allright, and certainly fun for being in our backyard, but I don't think they hold the level of challenge that he needs and plus they're all USFS trails. What area do you live in? Would you be interested in getting together for a run. Some guys from my club are running T6 to Holcomb Creek and John Bull on Sunday.

Regards

Dave

Rim of the World 4x4

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Yes john.. they are :flipoff2:

Dave,
Id love to get together with you for a run man.. Heck, Id just love to see your runner :) Didnt know there were many other from the arrowhead area on this board. Im actually living in running springs right now. Parents live in Cedar Glen. Where are you at?
Scott

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
FNG said:
Hey Scott, aren't those all the same trials I ran with 31's and a single locker? :flipoff2:
I didn't say they were hard, In fact if you read the whole post, you would see that I said they were easy but in our back yard. I ran them with a bone stock 4runner. But they are 1/2 mile from my driveway. How's the wheeling in LA?

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Scott,

I'm back over by Deer Lodge, I think I'm the only guy besides you Rockbuggy on the board. When you are wheelin local where do you you go? I hang down at T6/Dishpan because it's close, but still out of the way. And it is the only thing close to real rocks in the area. I make it up to Big Bear once every couple of months. Do you know anybody in Rim 4x4? That's a loaded question because we have a couple of real winners but the majority are good guys with some pretty built rigs.

Regards

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Hey Scramblin,

That's my backyard you're talking about. But you're right there isn't much of a challenge. There are a couple of places that if you take stupid lines you can have some fun (like hanging a U-turn right in the middle of Dishpan or taking the far left rocks at T6. Besides that they are just cruisin trails. But they are beautiful. And I would rather be sitting in Holcomb Creek under a tree in July with a high of 80 than Wrecking Ball with a high of 110 and not tree within 20 miles.

Not everybody can live next to Johnson Valley.

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous.

Are you going to Calrocs this weekend?

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
You know something strange.. after all the 16 years I've lived here, Ive never once done dishpan. I don't wheel in big bear all that often, although one of my favorite trails is John Bull. I just enjoy wheeling big bear mostly for the scenery. I've lived up here for 16 years, and I still love all the beautiful scenery. As far as you guys having a couple "winners" in rim 4x4... I know.. Ive probably met them.... All in all, though, Im sure you are a good bunch. Where are your meetings held??
Scramblin.....

Like dave said.. take fun/stupid lines, and it is a challenge...
Scott

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
some fun (like hanging a U-turn right in the middle of Dishpan or taking the far left rocks at T6. Besides that they are just cruisin trails. But they are beautiful.
It is beautiful. Don't get me wrong in the summer the Big Bear/Arrowhead area is a real nice heat get away. I just get pissed because just when the trails get good up there ;) some dummy in his SUV has to repave them just to say he did it without lockers.:mad3:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
scramblin said:

It is beautiful. Don't get me wrong in the summer the Big Bear/Arrowhead area is a real nice heat get away. I just get pissed because just when the trails get good up there ;) some dummy in his SUV has to repave them just to say he did it without lockers.:mad3:
Kinda like when a bunch of us from this board meet there and ran John bull a guy coming the other way in stock wrangler told Ramstien that he should turn around cause it was hard and dint think we could make it.

Matt

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
1badjeep said:
Where are your meetings held??
7:30, Second Tuesday of every month. Lloyds Restaurant/Bar in Running Springs.

Looks like we are on for Sunday. 8:30 - Cedar Glen Gas Station. We'll be heading to T6 around 9:00.

Running T6/Dishpan out through Holcombe and then up John Bull.

I haven't made it back from Mexico yet but I hear we're upping the degree of difficulty with some snow. Any truth to that rumor?

If you're interested, meet us as Cedar Glen or call on my cell.

(909) 556-2626

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts