Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive started to put my new rig together.

Goint to be 112in WB, Mog 404 axles, 302W, np435, np205.

This is where its at so far as of today. Its a chassis with the axles and tyres solidly welded to it. I did this so I can push the thing around as I work out the suspension links.

Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
cant wait sam :D

ive been toying with the idea of throwing together a monster from parts i have as well, only problem is i need a good frame to start with, and i need a tranny/transfer and front axle :(

i have a motor, rear axle, and all the body parts for it already.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Okay I got some more teaser pics for you all, he is going to compete in this thing in 3 weekends time, so he has a lot of work to do, but he has been helping me with mine, which has slowed him down a lot :(

Sorry Sam.

Anyways, he should be able to tear into it now!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
:eek: I forgot to turn that pic over :flipoff2:

Anyways, he also made some progress on the frame, I'd post up pics of how he converted the pinion to run Range Rover drive shafts, but is there any interest?:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Thickness of his lower links, and check out how flat they are!!!

This machine will run a lot of standard rover parts the link ends are similar, and so are the bushings, engine locations, steering box!

See how low it is, even with portals! UNREAL!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Its got a range rover frame, and standard rangie coils will be installed with no lift!

Here is the picture of his links thickness!

I see you are all quiet except for 9V? Cat got your tongues?
Cmawwn, somebody has to think something of it right?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
The tubes being horizontal shouldnt load up with the weight of the rig and should more slide, allowing less bending force on the links, despite that

50mm = 2" (inches)
25mm = 1"

So the links are BEEFY all the same!

42" tyres and loads of clearance!:p

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jbt said:
Is it rover 3-link both front and rear?
Im going to use a triangulated three link in the rear and 4 parallel links plus a panhard in the front.

Sam

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Serious One said:
HEY!

Quit working on that POS truck and get those bushings done!!!!

Looking sweet! :flipoff2:
AH - how easily I forget. Ill chase the dude up today.

Sam

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
RIGHT ON!!!

Keep um' coming Sam! How is the engine oil pan clearance going?

I'm seriously considering going with a Mog rear...What was the final drive ratio again? I think I would be close with a 7:17 gear set in the front?

BTW, my rig performed flawlessly in Las Cruses on just about everything. Once I limited the front drop-out with the winch, she stuck like glue....Especially after I grooved the TSL's!!! Man what a difference (thanks for use of the groover KC!) Sam you should DEFINITLEY cut your TSL's...Night and day mate!

Good work on your project...I'm loving the link geometry so far man...I'm going to make a new rear set with a bend in them...Originally I kept them straight to provide a ramping affect over obstacles, but they only helped in slowing down forward progress...Not that there was much of that! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
not to high jack your thread, but Doug how did the tires do. more traction, more flex, etc. what did you see as the ultimate benifit, aside from looking better:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

Looks sweet sam, looking forward to seeing it together, Oh and Groove those tires.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.