Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'd be curious to know how loud the intake is under the dash, once you get some seat time in it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Hello

It was a very long time since I wrote anything here, I see
As I said, I got a house that took up a lot of my time, then I got a daughter so it has not been too much time over the last few years

But now I feel that the craving is starting to come back :D
I spent some time on my race car and my corvette as well, it's so easy to pull on projects .. I happened to buy a car transport that I wanted to build a new flatbed for as well. :sneaky:

But now that I say, I will try to stick to the jeep.
It's inside the heated garage again.

Were you a little eager to check how it flexes, how much flex does an original cj2-3 have?

Started by tearing off the front.

Removed the servo as it did not want to move.

Always just as fun when you open something that should have oil on the inside and they run out of water (y)

Not too beautiful

When I finally got it apart, it was just to realize that it was scrap

But always good to learn how everything looks on the inside, I'm going to put hydro assist on it.

Making some marks for drilling

Have bought a "new" steering box, I hope it arive soon.

So there we have a fresh start on my build :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice to see you back.

Keep up the spirit and you will finish the build.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Thanks guys! :D

Got my extra axel in to the garage.

I'm going to move over the spindels/steering knuckles. The stering arms were cut from the axle I have on the jeep now.
Then I'm going to buld some sort of high steere kit for it.

Some pictures of disassembly

Always good with extra drive shafts :D

Away with all the grease

After a round of degreasing and then a rinse with hot water

Took the opportunity to sand all contact surfaces

In the sandblaster

Got these in teh mail today

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Here are some pictures of my adapter for the cherokee propshaft.

Drawn an adapter in Inventor. Drawn as 3 pieces so it can be laser cut out then and welded together.

Then 3d printed for test fitment

Fits good :)

Then I continued to disassemble my extra front axle :D

Cleaned and sandblasted the other spindel

Then it was just a matter of tearing down the front axle of the jeep.

Always fun to pry up new siloconed parts and drain new oil :cautious:

And not to forget, wipe off new grease :sneaky:

Almost out

Well, now there is room for something funnier there :D

Like this one :cool:

You who have mounted a locker of this type, have you lubricated with greasewhen installing?
Watched various youtube videos and some allmost poured buckets of grease in the locker okay i exaggerated, but it was alot of grease. Feels like a layer of the oil type that should be in the axle should work instead ?? :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
If I remember right the UJ you use for the Volvo propshaft is 1310, isn't it the same on cherokee?

If so you can use the Volvo flange on the cherokee shaft.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
If I remember right the UJ you use for the Volvo propshaft is 1310, isn't it the same on cherokee?

If so you can use the Volvo flange on the cherokee shaft.
That is correct, but the flange on the Felt looks like this. So I can't use it. :(

Got some work done this evening :)
Dry test fit

Any one know how I sould check this gaps? I have watched some videos on youtube and cant find anyone that has spacers like this that have a groove for the pinion shaft.

I have used common mekanic sense now :sneaky: Everything moves freely and smooth with no ecessive play.

Reassembly

Removed an old broken bolt to the diff cover. Fantastic sharpness in the foto :LOL:

After some drilling it was gone, I also cleand all threds

Finaly, :D I installed all parts with a layer of oil.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
As I mentioned earlier I'm in the process of moving the spindels from my extra axel and rebuilding the steering.

Cleaned the bearing journals and grinded down the thicksness of one of them, I will mill it flat when I have plugged in my new mill.

Test fitting, the flat bar is 50x8mm (2x0,32") should do the job i hope :sneaky: the reason i grind down the thickness off one of the bearing journals is so the bolts will have full contact.
The uniball is M20 (13/16"), and the tube is just so I can se the angles.

Measuring the angle for the lower reinforcement, and checking clearence for the rim.

Measuring for the shims, for the kingpin bearing. when i get close I feel by hand how much resistance I want inte the movment.

Checking some more angles, the tube for the upper uniball is in some wierd angle it's not going to be that much angle when it's on flat ground. :)

101 - 109 of 109 Posts