Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last solid axle year

I am searching for a solid axle 4Runner and I can't find a definite answer on the last year so I don't waste my time calling/looking at an IFS truck. I heard and don't know if it's true that it was 1985 but there could have been IFS 4Runners built this year as well.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
777 Posts
85 is the last year of the straight axle but yes there are a few IFS's also in 85

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then why haven't you posted it yet??

FatA$$ Toyota said:

This should be in newbie general 4x4

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
There were no 85 IFS Toy's released in the U.S.

·
Registered
544 Posts
BajaBilly said:
There were no 85 IFS Toy's released in the U.S.
People often take the manufacture date in the door jamb as the year of the vehicle and in this case there were IFS toys manufactured in late 85 but sold as 86 models. I think vehicles made in june or july or later are sold as next years models. Not quite sure which month is the cutoff or whether all manufacturers use the same month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, got you to do it for me FAT :smokin: :smokin:

Thanks guys might have found a 85

FatA$$ Toyota said:
Put it in the right forum yourself there slicknuts.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Re: Last solid axle year

FSRBIKER said:
II don't waste my time calling/looking at an IFS truck.

why don't you want a wider rear end, ifs steering box mounted for hysteer? or do you want crappy push pull steering and a stiff ass suspension. you need crossover with flexy suspension so now you need to mount an ifs box on your 85 frame. and good luck finding an 85 they are "usualy" hard to find not trashed. also its easy to sas an ifs truck/ 4runner sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people have done it... and i am about to do it.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pitter the reason i want to start with a solid axle is this is going to be my daily driver and occasional wheeler not my trail rig....for that I have my 69 Bronco which is in the process of getting ready for the trails this spring. Some day I will take the 4Runner I buy to this level and buy another DD but I want the best of both worlds right now if possible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...and your as round as one.

oh the love in here is making me weep :flipoff2:

FatA$$ Toyota said:

wrong again numb nuts. I didnt move it. Someone else did.

Your about as sharp as a bowling ball.

:D :smokin:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
FSRBIKER said:
...and your as round as one.

oh the love in here is making me weep :flipoff2:

Your just jealous because I'm not a fawkin retard like you are.

Do you understand the answer to your question now?? Do you still need help with it??:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts