Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found some posts on early 22-REs into early trucks and swaps from 22r to 22re, but I am putting an 89 or later (don't know for sure but it's a later engine) engine in an 82 pickup. I have two big problems one is the alternator connection. The truck's wiring and the new alternator have the same number of wires and seem to be about the same gauge but I don't know which wires go where. Second is getting power to the ECU can I just supply power to the B terminal and be good to go? Also the harness that is suppose to go into the cab has two connectors that I know nothing about. All the information that I have found on here has been for the earlier 22res and the wiring coloring is different for the later engines. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

-ben

·
Banned
5,353 Posts
If you are getting the motor try and get the harness as well basically the part that runs the driver and passenger fenders to and through under the dash it should seperate into 3 peices. Also take the computer. Your 82 computer won't be compatible with an EFI system since it is carb configured. You can look into mid 80's celicas and get the harness from one of these as well if it is EFI.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not my choice buddy got an engine 6 years ago wants me to put it in. Need to use what we have. Seems to be a late 22-re trying to put it in an early 22r truck. guess I need resucue to translate the early 22-re to late 22-re

thanks
ben

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
look under my posts, there is someone who swaped a 22re into an 83 carb p/u. Lots of good info and pics.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rescue said:
look under my posts, there is someone who swaped a 22re into an 83 carb p/u. Lots of good info and pics.

I know but the later 22res have a different wiring diagram and I was wondering if anyone had that information.

-ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts