Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ran them together? I know the spring pad spacing is farther out on the later model 60s, is this causing clearance issues with HMMWV wheels and larger(38+) tires hitting the springs? Going to re-center or use spacers on the wheels just enough to tuck the hub back in the wheel if needed. I just scored the 60 for cheap, and 78-79 axles around my area are non-existent so Im looking to see what I need to do.

Thanks
Kyle

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Anyone ran them together? I know the spring pad spacing is farther out on the later model 60s, is this causing clearance issues with HMMWV wheels and larger(38+) tires hitting the springs? Going to re-center or use spacers on the wheels just enough to tuck the hub back in the wheel if needed. I just scored the 60 for cheap, and 78-79 axles around my area are non-existent so Im looking to see what I need to do.

Thanks
Kyle
Yeah, the tire will hit the spring. TacomaJoe95 bought a late 80's 60 from my old man. He used 2.5" back spaced wheels on 39.5 TSL's and they hit, so he added spacers. Shoot him a PM and I'm sure he'd tell you the exact set-up.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good lawd! I really wanted to try and keep this thing down to 4in of backspacing on the wheels max! Figures the only 60 I can find local wont work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts