Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know threads like this can sometimes turn into troll threads but that's not my intention. I used to be so active on these forums that I had a good handle on what people thought of the HD offerings from each of the big three.

#1 Cummins - Very powerful and lasts forever
#2 Duramax - Also very powerful but 2nd to the Cummins in durability
#3 Powerstroke - Some of the 6.0 days of the powerstroke were brand damaging

I've recently been addicted to watching the heavy duty trucks tow up various hills on youtube and at the moment the Powerstroke seems to be class leading.

How do guys rank the HD trucks now? Is the Ford really king of the hill?

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
just my opinion, chevy still has the nicest ride/interiors but ford is catching up. Dodges will always be trucks not luxury cars. that being said the guys in our group with the 6.7 fords get by far the worst mileage while towing, a lot worse! as for power they will all move things they wont stop without any trouble! the new dmax's seem to get good mileage as well and have huge brakes. our group has about one of everything of everybrand when we roll to JV you can really tell which trucks do what better. that being said I wouldnt trade my 07 5.9 6 speed cummins for anything!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I recently sold a 06 6.0 and bought a 13 ram 2500. I love the truck but I do think the ford had a better interior. the ram is a lower trim level but just the layout in general. That being said I get pretty damn good fuel mileage, way better than the 6.0. And in general it is a very nice truck. Haven't driven newer chevy's or fords so can't comment.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ford would be King of the hill....

Until the trans takes a dump..

Duramax / Allison for the win..

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I feel very strongly that this thread, this one right here, this very thread will be the one to finally settle this question. By the end of page one we will have a definitive answer and we can just shut down this section of the forum for five or six years. It's going to be unanimous. Just you wait and see.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
I feel very strongly that this thread, this one right here, this very thread will be the one to finally settle this question. By the end of page one we will have a definitive answer and we can just shut down this section of the forum for five or six years. It's going to be unanimous. Just you wait and see.
Me thinks op is special:homer:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Moab nailed it on the head

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
gbkeith:26956442 said:
:laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad I could help. :)

More seriously, I got the answer I was looking for but I'll keep reading if guys keep posting. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a nice long reply all typed up about which is best, but there will be 50 others saying something different. That being said, I would own a RAM, but it's more because I have owned one all my life, not because their any better than the Chevy Duramaxs I drive everyday at work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Doesn't matter what you get, go test drive some trucks and see what you feel comfortable in. After that do all the deletes, get a tuner and drive on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts