Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to come in to work at 3AM this morning, so I'll be done at 1 PM. Grabbed my bike on my way out and planning on ridding SKaggs at about 2PM.
Anyone man enough to meet me there?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would man but I gotta get x-rays on my ankle at 2:00 in Walnut Creek. What do you got goin on Firday??? I'd be more than down for somethin even tho I'd get the piss beat outta me. I love not being in riding shape.

-Ian

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ianbike said:
I would man but I gotta get x-rays on my ankle at 2:00 in Walnut Creek. What do you got goin on Firday??? I'd be more than down for somethin even tho I'd get the piss beat outta me. I love not being in riding shape.

-Ian
I have to fly to San Deigo on Friday :(
Skaggs pritty much sucks now. EVERYTHING good is closed. Basically a few trails and fireroad is what's left :( :( :(
I remember when it was some of the best riding in the area and now it's lame:mad:
They FUCKED that place up. Sokel Demo is SOOOOOO much better!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oh shit Vova.. they closed even more down? The POR boys went straight down the fireroad when I went out there, and my buds and I just flaked. We knew what kind of climb it was coming out ;)

Most everything is closed? That foggin sucks! How was Demo anyway, do you have any pictures? I guess it's about the same driving distance huh? Damn, and you were already tellin me how bad it was, can't believe it got worse.

Sucks, the local trail (Fremont Older/Stevens Creek) has stuff closed down all over too. They even closed down the VERY VERY first downhill sort of thing that I was never able to conquer. Now it's almost cake.. and trail is closed :rolleyes: Jerks tore down the teeter totter and left a few lockers in place too.

I don't understand, not to rip on horses, but they do just as much damage as we do.. and at least I pick up after my own "shit" on the trail :flipoff2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hmm, Gosh, San Diego sux, bring the bike and have some fun. Its all good, I think I'm gonna do a Briones dh run with my buddy. Its either that or brave the hippies at the Berkeley dh run. But, my dad did give me the okay to ride his xc bike since he rarely does, so when you get back from outta town I'd be down to cruise.

-Ian

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys need to ride Demo before that gets closed :eek:
Good thing is I have yet to see a ranger of Service person there. Lets hope it stays that was :)
Lets plan a group ride for the weekend of 8th.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
vova said:
You guys need to ride Demo before that gets closed :eek:
Good thing is I have yet to see a ranger of Service person there. Lets hope it stays that was :)
I was planning to ride Demo on Saturday Morning (2/1/03) if it doesn't rain.

Are they really going to close Demo:confused: :mad:
No I didn't search before I asked. :emb:

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MellowYellow said:

I was planning to ride Demo on Saturday Morning (2/1/03) if it doesn't rain.

Are they really going to close Demo:confused: :mad:
No I didn't search before I asked. :emb:
No, they are not closing Demo. Yet :(
That is the last place you can ride in this area where they don't fawk with the trails.
I'll be in San Deigo on Sat so have fun. We rode Tractor trail last weekend and it was a BLAST. I still want to do Sawpit next ride out :D

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
That's good news.
Brail here I come:D
I don't understand MTN bikes getting kicked off trails. Have you seen what horses do to a trail if they are over ridden? They make grooves!

It is like saying, "sorry there are too many people enjoying this trail, we need to limit the traffic by excluding the most popular option." :mad:

I rode a horse only trail in Marin (it was not open to bikes) about 8-9 years ago and I could barely peddle the horses had made such a deep groove.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, horses definately do a ton of damage, but you also gotta consider mtn. bikers that go up in super muddy weather and then proceed to skid everywhere, which just causes some nasty ruts in the ground as erosion begins to take place. granted, I'm not perfect, I too skid occasionally, but theres a ton of inexperienced people up where I am that do this to no end. Heres an idea, retarted mtn bikers should be shot so the rest of us can appreciate the trails.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Well I didn't get to ride Demo this weekend. I was dorking around waiting for my friends and bent the hanger for the rear derailer. So I had to ride my wifes bike on a little trail near my house. :( Oh well, the part was only $15. Maybe next weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts