Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally we are getting greasy in the shop, but we are going to start making time to post up more info from the shop since we are snowed in here and can't get home anyway. :D To start we wanted to show you our latest project: Wrdette (pronounced wurd-et). This truck belongs to Derek, one of our fabricators. Derek's nickname is "Wrd" so that is where the project name came from.

This is how the truck started, it looked like it had been stuck in Marty McFly's garage for the past twenty years. it is an '82 shortbed that had a huge body lift, hacked in small block Chevy with too much carb, lift blocks, a roll bar, and a Ford 9" with no brakes. We decided to rescue the truck and put Toyota parts back on it for improved reliability and simplicity.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first thing we did was strip the truck of the drivetrain, bed, and interior. The plan called for a fairly standard 22RE, dual cases, and Toyota axles. The non-standard will come from the tube work and rear suspension. Derek has been working on this after hours so it is slow going but still coming together nicely. The cab was rusty and the bed was completely shot, but Derek patched new panels into the cab and then painted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one will miss the paint on this one! When the shop gets crowded we just pull the trucks out back and park them on top of eachother to save room. I think that Wrdette might be getting an inferiority complex from this but her time on top will come soon enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are linking the rear and going to run air shocks on the back. We are still in the design phases but plan to offer this rear suspension in kit form in the future if there is enough interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey ORS. Looks good. Dont know if you remember me, but I was in your shop about 2-3 months ago with a tour of your shop for warrentech. I have sold my Bronco and am looking at several toyotas. I was interested in a job there or an internship. Dont know who is writing this if it is Mike then he would remember me. Keep up the good work, I remember this truck when I was in the shop, its a sick truck.

Mark

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys. We will be using 14" SAW air shocks in the back of Wrdette, but just like our front coilover kit you will have options on what shocks/coilovers you want to use and the link ends. I am probably letting the cat out of the bag a little early on the rear four link, we like to test and install product on our own vehicles and then beat on it and fine tune so we can offer the best product to the customer. Sometimes this means that products take a little longer to get to market, but we have a commitment to be the best even if we are not always the first.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The estimated wheelbase is 105". On this vehicle we are keeping the rear axle in the "stock" location but our kit would allow the customer to move the axle foward or rearward if they desired. We'll have some more pics real soon!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The estimated wheelbase is 105". On this vehicle we are keeping the rear axle in the "stock" location but our kit would allow the customer to move the axle foward or rearward if they desired. We'll have some more pics real soon!
Looks good.

Going to reinforce the axle mount bar some more?
Any reason for doing a single triangulated 4-link as opposed to a double?
Looks like you got JJs on your uppers and heims on the lowers?

:smokin:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts