Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
pretty cool again. the only issue i have with this design and your id radius attachment is having to do trial and error to get your radius correct. i can't think of an uncomplicated way to fix that though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First piece.(it is not as rough as it looks)

I need to pick up some finer grit emory paper and I would also like to switch to a carbide insert tool to try and achieve a smoother cut.

Would anyone be able to recommend a particular style or type? One of the toolmakers suggested that a triangular insert with a radius of .030" would work well for this.

Video: Making the ball for the handle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbA0mNMNzs

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty cool again. the only issue i have with this design and your id radius attachment is having to do trial and error to get your radius correct. i can't think of an uncomplicated way to fix that though.
Thank you.

So far I have been able to get things pretty close by just using a scale to set the distance of the bit. I'm sure with more practice I'll get better at it.

Both cutters.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I need to pick up some finer grit emory paper and I would also like to switch to a carbide insert tool to try and achieve a smoother cut.

Would anyone be able to recommend a particular style or type? One of the toolmakers suggested that a triangular insert with a radius of .030" would work well for this.

a carbide insert with a radius will definatly leave a smoother finish. grinding a radius in your hss cutter would also help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts