Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if a LC Engineering header for a 2wd 22re will fit a 4wd 22re?

4wd part number is 14-4113
2wd part number is 14-2112

Just wondering if anyone knows the differences and if it will work???

I may have found one, but I don't know if I should buy it or not. Both are for the 22RE though.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanx,
Vinnie
[email protected]

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's definitely worth buying, I can't think of why the 2wd & 4wd would be different. Must be something though. Ask LC.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did call LC, the guy told me that it must have something to do with the clearance.

He wasn't for sure. He said, "Why would you want to know, when the 4WD part number is available?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was trying to buy one somewhere else.

Maybe I should call them back...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yep, my bet is it's the connector pipe is the difference, which they can't get right anyways even on the 4wd (there's at least two versions if not more) so be prepared to order a different one from LC or custom fab one.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i had a 2wd header for an 85 efi 2wd on my 85 efi 4x and it hit on the shackel mount bolt with stock shackels at that time. It eventualy wore a hole through it but if your source is free then you should go for it and pound it in for clearence or weld up some extra beef up there, otherwise stay clear but that is the only issue ( at least with the stock shackel mounts-is yours an sas?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.