Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a pic of a Bronco being converted from TBB to D60. The front spring hanger is directly beneath the frame rail, but the shackle mount is offset from the frame (I believe it is just a modified bracket from a rear shackle). My question is, Doesn't this put the spring at an angle from front to back? How did he do it like this? does the frame get wider towards the front?

The reason I am asking is the TBB frame setup is similar to the 2wd setup on my '72, with the big crossmember under the engine, and the SAS should be similar to doing a bronco TBB to D60 with leaves.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The springs need to be parallel.

Most that do this mount the front of the spring directly under the front horns as shown. It is the correct width for the spring pads on the axle.

You then use rear spring front hangers on the rear of the front spring with a shackle. It's close to the front cab mount be some times you have to trim the hanger to clear the cab mount.

·
Banned
455 Posts
go to fullsizebronco.com. All your answers are there. Yes the frame is wider in the front . If you are using a 36" spring pad spacing, ('88+) you use the front spring rear hanger from a f-250 or f-350. If you use the 32" ('77-'79) you mount them under the frame in back, and inboard of the frame rails in the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts