Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys that are putting together homebuilt front leaf packs: I picked up a set of 4" pro comp yj lift springs, 5 leaf front pack unfortunately but the price was right. I'm going to pull out 1 leaf before I even put them in my 4runner, which leaf should I take out? Longest one, shortest one or one of the middle ones? I'm assuming the shorter leaves contribute more to the stiffness of the spring than the longer ones right? What makes for a good flexible leaf pack? For the rear I've already got the Chevys sittin in the shed, mounts welded to the frame, just waitin for some warm weather to throw em in. FYI $34 Canadian currency at Pn'P which is about 20 bucks USD.:D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Some guys are fine with teh 4" spring. I ran teh 2.5" spring and they were a bit too flexy for their own good. The ride was very soft, body roll was pretty significant. I didn't run bumpstops and bent the hell out of the springs. I would run your springs as they are, and then make adjustments as needed. You should have noticed this approach when reading posts about custom home brew front spring packs. Everyone has different preferences/desires for a spring.

·
Registered
986 Posts
run top 3 toy rear 48" and bottem 3 4" yj with a 2" over shackle they flex good then. also with just the 4"yjs you should have a vertical shackle angle. my friend went through that. and ran the toy rear combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts