Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of all pro offroad 4 inch lift springs that i like on my truck but they sit too high do yall think i could take maybe one of the leaves out so it would drop a little r ould it do bad things to the leaves? thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
nah you could take the bottom leaf out and see how it sits maybe even another one to acheve the ride height you want.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes ive been through the rubicon with em, halfway thru fordyce, and various other trails so they are broken in im thinkin about taking the smallest leaf out and seeing how it sits..

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
Yes ive been through the rubicon with em, halfway thru fordyce, and various other trails so they are broken in im thinkin about taking the smallest leaf out and seeing how it sits..
They will work better with more weight on them. The small bottom leaf is designed to help prevent axle wrap, if you do take it or others out you may end up deforming the rest of the springs with out bump stops and anti-wrap bars.

Run em the way they are, mine are bent to fawk (same ones only older) I've straighten them in a press a few times to take the major tweaks out but they are still bent. Mine are not bent from axle wrap or lack of bump stops however, they are bent from the rig landing down hard on large boulders.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you do it start with the bottom one first and see how you like it. Keep an eye on your shackle angle too. I have TG 4" with the lower 2 removed front and rear. Getting ready to add 1 in the back. Very soft but it works great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts