Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anybody has put longer leafs in the rear that maintain close to stock location. Longer in the rear with same front measurements. It is for an idea I had and I came up with nothing in the seach. I dont want to move the axle back.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
any and every spring combo has been done u can go longer front and rear just take a tape to u pull it and start measuring springs until u find what u want .. so what is your special new idea !! just to move your spring back a few inches u will probly be the first to do that!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to a 10" longer leaf on the back of my YJ last christmas. It greatly increased the amount of droop in my rear suspension but puts the shackles way to far back on the frame. I had to go to a bottom mount on the frame for the shackle side which hurts drive line angles an just plain endangers the spring and shackle. I switched back to a stock length spring less than a month ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Taso Stambolis said:
waggy springs?
Yep! Waggy Springs. They give a very nice ride too.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yep Waggie springs will work. Don't let anybody tell you that they will absolutely increase your wheelbase either. Mounted one way they will, but if you flip them around end for end the distance from the fixed end of the spring to the centering pin is the same as your YJ springs. How they are mounted determines if the wheelbase changes or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts