Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C-6 is leaking like crazy from what appears to be the front seal. The jeep is sitting at a slight incline (pointing up) and it is dripping about 1/8 of a quart per day from the front bottom of the tranny.

The tranny was recently rebuilt and has always been run dry. It used to only leak slightly when pointed downhill but now it leaks when on even ground.

I also just recently installed fuel injection. Do you think that would cause any difference in manifold pressure and consequently caue the seal to blow?!?! I'm grasping at straws here........I REALLY do not want to pull the tranny again.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Sometimes when installing the torque convertor a person can get over zealous and damage the input seal or knock the little spring off the back of the seal thus causing a leak. Loos like another r&r to check and see what hapened.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
And some times sh!t happens for no reason...maybe Jeep's mad at you ...treatin' her right lately?

(might have something to do with a certain sticker:flipoff2: )

:beer:

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well....off comes the transmission again. Is it possible that the Torque Converter is leaking?!?! The leak has gotten worse and I haven't even turned the key in the Jeep in the past three days.

...and URJB, the FIRST thing I considered was the sticker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts