Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a problem with my rear caddy calipers leaking, the driverside on is fine. but the passener side leaks like a sive. i bough tthese "new" from a auto parts store. and the passenger one leaked so bad you couldn't blead it so i returned it. the next one i got did the same thing. then the third on was fine. my rig has been off the road for about a month or so now. i'm getting it ready to go through inspection and i notice a small leak in my passenger one again. what gives. it is a very slow leak but still. and now i have had to grind off the back of the caliper to make it fit in my rims so i can't return it. i knwo i'm fucked but ha anyone had a similar experience? :mad3:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
is it leaking from where your hose is connected with the banjo bolt? I would immagine that it's not the new callipers, and maybe somthing else.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bleeder screw. i'v tried a fed difrent styles and sizes too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Are you using new brass washers each time? I had a similar problem with leaky Malibu calipers; at the banjo bolt. I tried different, new, brass washers until they stopped leaking.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've seen a few GM calipers with a BB in the bottem of the bleeder hole and a odd looking bleer skrew. Maybe?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i had new washers, i disconnected the banjo to swap onto my new erar axle then i used the same washers over. i'm going to go buy some new ones. hopfully that will word

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Kraqa said:
the bleeder screw. i'v tried a fed difrent styles and sizes too.
The right fitting, properly tightened bleeder screw would not likely leak and your later post sounds like you have a leak at the banjo fitting, but if you find it leaks at the bleeder, you might try Russell Speed Bleeders to ease bleeding chores. They also come with a sealant coating the threads to aid leak free tightening. Available at Summit, Jegs, some speed shops or parts stores, maybe ebay. If I may suggest, when you have the banjo & bleeder removed, examine the threads in the caliper for dirt & to make sure you didn't strip them some.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is the thread size for the bleader screw?

I am getting tired of my Caddy e-brake in the rear and always adjusting it. Thinking of switching out the caliper. Any other caliper that would mount to the same bracket with or without a e-brake?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Take a look at the brass washers after you crank the banjo bolt down. Are they still flat or do they appear cupped? If they are cupped, then the fitting on the end of your brake line may not be the correct size/shape for the caliper. I had such a problem with a set of aftermarket s/s brake hoses I once installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts