Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaking at the base, I already replaced the o-ring. What can I use?? I was thinking black gasket maker, because I have that in the toolbox, but I don't know if the tranny fluid will eat thru it or not, that's why i'm asking:confused:

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
are you sure it is the dipstick tube and not the cooler lines are loose? try removeing the dipstick tube and replace the o-ring and then schmack a glob of ultra black around the o-ring to make sure it seals. if it leak then you have a bigger problem. note sometimes if the cooler lines rub together they will rub holes into one another.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOODLES said:
are you sure it is the dipstick tube and not the cooler lines are loose? try removeing the dipstick tube and replace the o-ring and then schmack a glob of ultra black around the o-ring to make sure it seals. if it leak then you have a bigger problem. note sometimes if the cooler lines rub together they will rub holes into one another.
1. I already stated that I replaced the o-ring.

2. Definetly leaking at the base of the dipstick tube.

3. Cant be the tranny lines. I have no tranny lines, all I have is 3 feet of fuel line for my tranny lines. I don't drive it, I just put that on there till I get my remote radiator mounted in the bed along w/ my tranny cooler and p/s cooler. Therefor I will try your idea w/ the ultra black. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
One of my Th350s has that same problem. I used gasket maker to seal it along with a new o ring. I havent driven on it yet though. Let me know how it turs out though. I dont think it will leak again though. Are you sure you had the correct o ring though? Mine seems to seal but the dipstick did come off another truck

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bartcore said:
Are you sure you had the correct o ring?
That's what napa gave me. But the tube is 25 years old......might be a little out of shape. I'll try it today w/ the gasket sealer, if it doesn't work then maybe i'll just buy a new bling chrome tube.......considering that's basically all the sell nowadays.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts