Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And no I refuse to search, so my 44's wont hold air for more than a week, can fill them up with green slime goo shit, or what ??? Any good ideas or help????

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Take them apart, and clean the bead surfaces with a scotch brite pad on your die grinder, then wipe them down with acetone and fill any bad areas with some tire glue. Clean the hell out of the rims too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
On the inside bead I used roof cocking (spelling he he he he funny). On the out side I used Black silly cone. (again funny spelling he he he he)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Jerod, I would loosen all your bolts on each wheel, and then get a torque wrench and torque each bolt right. I know it takes for freaking ever to do, but it should help. Don't put any slime in your tires, that stuff sucks. If they keep leaking, get a spray bottle of soapy water, and find out where its leaking and slowly tighten at that area. Swampers are bad because they have thick bead surfaces, I had to do that with the 39.5" Boggs I used to have:D If that doesnt work, then check all your sidewalls ect..I know those tires have been to Disney one too many times:flipoff2: .

Ricky

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I don't know mine NEVER have leaked:flipoff2: (Frankies Locks) Frankie said to silicone the weld on the inside of the wheel and not worry about it and they honestly have never leaked. Are they 32 bolt locks? It seams there is more broblems with the wheels with less bolts.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've had 2 sets of beadlocks and I always followed the torquing instructions. I've never had a beadlock that would hold air doing that. Maybe I'm an idiot and don't know how to correctly use a torque wrench. So after spending a few hours doing the proper torque sequence and still getting leakage I just go around in a circle and snuck up each bolt until the air stops hissing. Haven't had a leak from this method yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts