Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched but i could not find any good info on why my truck leans so bad to the drivers side
I put brand new chevy 4" lift springs in the rear but it did not help
Somebody please help me out please it looks so retarded

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
mine would lean to the passenger side real bad. I swore it was the rear spings, so I put different ones in and no help. It ended up being the front springs. Even though the sagging was in the right rear corner.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
your spring didn't happen to have a high speed impact with a racoon did it? i heard they can cause stuff like that to happen. j/k. did you change anything before it started leaning? my runner was leaning the whole time when i was building it but all my mounts were exactly the same. after i drove it the springs settled and it sits level now.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
one of my testicles hangs lower than the other too... :(

drive it around the block real fast in the corners and itll lean the way you turned last when parked..soft flexy suspension IE: not a honda civic... i last turned left on my way home from work this afternoon and i just looked out the window and sure enough my truck is leaning to the passenger side parked.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has leaned since i did the build up and i figured it would leavel but it never did so i took the all poop rears out and put chevies and it didnt help so now im getting ready to replace the fronts
but i was woundering if anyone had any other suggestions

·
Registered
877 Posts
Tilt your head...

seriously though, did you forget the spacer for the front springs? if not, flex up the other side like 85runnerAZ said and it should level out a little...if your springs are brand new you probably need to break them in better...

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
if it started after the build up i would suspect the spacer also. is it there? and more important, is it on the correct side? if it is i would try swiching springs from left to right to see if this helps before going out and buying a new set. are you using a manufactured set or some home made junk yard springs? if junkyard springs maby there was a reason the donar vehicle was in the yard or they could have come from different vehicles.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im using all poop in the front but they sent me a new set for the front because i had a set of the weak clamps that they sent out so the replaced them
Also i know this sounds bad but what spacer are u guys talking about i dont remember ever seeing a spacer for the springs

·
Registered
378 Posts
Spacer is for the driver's side perch. The pass side sits higher because it is partially up on the diff. Find a piece of 3/8 x 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 and drill a hole for your spring pin. Weld it to your driver side perch so it will be the same height as your pass side. The stock springs are made side specefic.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
From seeing your truck, I will gaurentee you that its NOT the spacer.....Isn't it leaning like 3" different from side to side???

Definately the springs....... (or bent frame)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have had the frame looked at on a rack and the frame is not bent so i did rule that out already

·
Registered
877 Posts
How about a picture? How do the shackle angles compare to each other?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Have you thought about swapping the front springs side to side and see what happens?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the new front springs so im going to put them in and then use the old ones for a buggy leaf in the rear.
iam also going to put the spacer in when i put the new springs in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts