Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wrapping up my build (see project homewrecker) and have gotten to the wiring portion. I am running into some issues and need assistance. I have the headlights working (both high and low beam), brake lights, and side marker lights (on the front fenders). I am having some issues getting the rear marker lights (which I am not too concerned about at this point) as well as the turn signals. I need someone to put the turn signal wiring into simple terms. I have power to and from the switch at the column, but i get confused from there. I believe my flasher is trash (someone just bent a standard flasher to fit the plug for the FJ40 flasher). Once i swap that out do i need to have a bulb on the wire to actually get the flasher to work? I am going to all LED lights so i am going to try to either wire in a bulb somewhere along the way, or get whatever i need to make it work right.

i am using this wiring diagram and so far it has been very accurate. http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/72fj40-wire/71fj40_wire.gif

could use any tips that you guys have run across.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I wired my truck, the rear LED taillights did not have enough resistance and the OEM flasher would do nothing. The flasher unit needs to see electrical resistance in order to close/open.

I used a flasher specifically designed to drive LED taillights and I found it on Summit Racing's website. Are you using the OEM fuse box/flasher?

I used an updated GM type fuse block center so I can't help you with a P/N if youv'e still got a Toyota unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts