Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i copied a few pics in the past... think i could find them?? NOPE
!!!
so anyone care to share some pics. i want to run LED tail lights and signals. but looking to steal a design. for my bed in my runner

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
search boogerz and oops posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Those LED lights are BANK !!! like 30.00 each .. x 4 = 120.00 OUCH... I just used some simple oval trailer lights and they look good. But if you decide to use the LED's buy a trailer converter to cut down on the cost of the lights. A converter is only like 10.00 at napa. Then you can run the tail / Brake / turn on one LED

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here's a pic of mine: http://community.webshots.com/photo/17511914/49146570LKvGIJ

I agree with RJ, I just got one per side and went with a converter from NAPA. NAPA also deals with all kinds of LED's....They can get Grote (which is what I got), or TruckLite, etc. I like the long oval ones the best, but then again, I'm a fawkup when it comes to aesthetics.

They are expensive....but damn they're BRIGHT!! (it's the only way I can justify the price :flipoff2: )

·
Registered
25,026 Posts
I'm too lazy to do it for you, but do a search on Gen4x4, they just had a 2 page thread on them, including some good deals (4 for $80 kind of things).

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!! REALLY i already know the cost. does any one understand my post?????. i just want to see ideas. pictures. come awn. i have been a member a long time, and you dont think that i havent used the search, so i dont get flamed like a newbie:flipoff: :flipoff:
ALSO THANKYOU TO YOU THAT POSTED PICS!!!!!:D :D :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
25,026 Posts
BIGBIRD said:
SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!! REALLY i already know the cost. does any one understand my post?????. i so i dont get flamed like a newbie:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Ouch! I corrected your flipoffs for ya :p . I wasn't ragging on you, I was mostly dispelling the myth posted above me that they were really expensive, and saying that I didn't have time to give the exact thread with the info (I was on a public computer). Now that I have time, the thread is here , I thought there were more pics in it, but I was sadly mistaken.

In a few weeks (months? :D ) I'll send you pics of my rear LEDS in my ultra-bobbed rearend. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
BIGBIRD said:

thanks a load, that is exactly what i was looking for:D :beer: :beer:
im at work right now, i have more at home if your intrested

·
Registered
137 Posts
led lights may be expensive, but they should last like 100,000 hours, (11 years on) check electronic supply places like digikey.com i think they have some that jusy pop in to existing tail light fittings

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i found those 4" led's on sale for $19.99 at 'flying J's the other day...those things are soo bright i dont evven need bacckup lights:D

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
heres some more ...

i would like more info/pics/etc. of this rig thanks. i thought i had another pic of it that shouldnt the lights. i remeber it being really clean

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
the first one is so pretty ...

·
Registered
25,026 Posts
So, kind of a thread hijack here, but I see absolutely NO rear clearance lights on these rigs, are they not needed in many states, or are you just not street legal? That's my main concern coming up with the bob, is where to safely mount marker lights that won't get ripped off with the first rock outcropping (without putting lots of fab work in, like deep set frenching).

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
coudl always get the autozne special $2 guys and mount them on the outside of the framerail. if it gets ripped off ... not a big loss. currently using these as turn signals

1 - 20 of 34 Posts