Pirate 4x4 banner

Lenghthen the driveline

876 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  treerootCO 
#1 · (Edited)
When I have a driveline to be extended about 1.5", wonder how it works at the shop: do they simply add 1.5" tube section to the existing tube or they the remove all the old tube then weld on the newer longer tube?

Thanks.

/td

#7 ·
Great info!!! I heard about Sacramento Drive Line Service uses thicker tube for cruiser driveline but didn't know what it meant until Killerpee explained it. I will check if South Bay Drive Line is doing the same thing. Anybody knows the size of the standard tube compared the stock metric tube? And how much thicker for standard tube?

Thanks again.

/td

#8 ·
Just saw your message aobut the tube....if I remember, the standard tube is .083. I don't remember what the stock stuff is, although it is very strong. Also.....make sure you don't get some moron who thinks it will be ok to just machine the tubing to fit over your driveshaft pieces.....that is even weaker than just using stock tubing.

#9 · (Edited)
I went to Rocky Mountain Driveline here in Denver today. Lengthened both front and rear with .120 tubing for 149.00 each. Maybe a little spendy but I dropped them off this morning and had them this afternoon. :)

Only problem I ran into was I could only find one OEM u-joint and the shop had only three Spicer 5-15111X joints so I mixed in the OEM.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.