Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wandered over from the Yota section to ask- what are the dimensions of Ford springs? I like the idea of swapping chevys, but im a Ford man at heart (couldnt afford anything but my yota :/) So using Chevy springs is NOT an option, because i hate chebbie. So, does anyone know an equivalent to the 63" chevy's everyone runs, for Fords? I think the F250+ will have too high a weight rating for my truck... maybe 150 or even new ranger springs (which are LONNNNNG and flex like crazy[I had a 2002 Edge before it flopped]) If someone could get me measurements of springs, I'd be thankfull

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Yep, *most* Ford springs are 3" wide.

Bronco thru F350, the rear springs are approx 56-57" eye to eye. This is unloaded off the truck, I don't know what they'd measure if pressed flat.

You might check the "specifications" section at gorancho.com, I've found it helpful before for such questions (huge pdf file), but now that I think of it I don't know if it would include rear springs as Rancho does not make complete rear springs for Ford...?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Ranger springs are right at just under 57" and are 2.5" wide
The centerpin is 25.75" from the forward eye.
I have 4" lift Skyjackers on mine with the Ford OE overload leaf and extended shackle. I have measured as much as 20" flex with these.
I haven't experimented with the 1/2ton chevy springs, though.

I thought F-150 springs were also 2.5" wide:confused:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
they all have roughly 7" offset. (f-100 - f-350) 2.5 -3" wide. Depends on how ans who is measuring.:flipoff2:

BII and ranger are 5" offset and 57". Have less arch and load carrying ability. Will give you 2" less lift than 150's.

Also you got some springs from the vans they are 54" long and have 4-5 leaves. I think the pin is centered, I don't remember offhand. But these would be good for carrying more weight.

150 BII
.....32".......25"...............31".......26"
O---------^-----O........O---------^------O

I just measured my 150's at ride height and its roughly 56.5- 57"
But thats cause the weight flattened the arch out from 56" unloaded.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys.... Load capicity is not an issue, it wont carry more than my toolbox, honestly. Will the F150 springs be too stiff for my truck? Bobbed bed, some of the frame cut off (but a 150lb toolbox).. Ill check for dimensions on gorancho to see how much higher the ass end of my truck would sit

Dave

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, lemme ask for the specific things im looking for while im searching online... So, we've established they're 58~ inch long... The width varies, 2.5 on 150 and lower, 250+ get 3" (They're actually changing to 3" wide springs on 2004 F-150's) So, the other thing I need, is the measurement from the center of the spring, to the top of the spring..
Height?
\ |<--/
--------
Maybe that'll make sense, maybe it wont. also- lb/in ratings?

Thanks again
Dave

·
Registered
540 Posts
I could be wrong but i think the 2wd springs are 2.5 inch and the 4x4 springs are 3" wide. Both being about 56" - 57" long. I picked up some 3" springs from a 86 bronco and slapped them on my '73 bronco with custom hangers and a reverse shackle. I think they are 5 leaf without checking.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
i have a mix of explorer springs and ranger springs to give me my lift

stock ranger springs flex really well..... explorer springs have a larger arch to them.... and are both 2.5" wide

2wd f150's are 2.5" wide...... and i belive most 4wd f150 are 3" but i don't know if the changed that or not

1 - 15 of 15 Posts