Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to lengthen my trailer, and also keep it safe. Ive got a pretty good idea on how to go about it, but id like some ideas from you fabbers that have probably done this before.

I dont have any particulars as far as how big, but it was made to haul SWB Ford Model A's, but I generally push it hauling longer wheelbase vehicles, lately ive been sqeezing Camaros on it. I dont really need to haul anything longer , but id like the fit to be a little better. Would be nice to possably be able to stick my Xcab Toy on it also, but I dont think its wide enough with the fenders.

The deck is 120". From the rear its 48" to the center of the wheels, then 72" to the front, then from there its 61" to where the hitch hookup is.

Basically how would you go about making the deck longer, lengthen the rear or the front? How would you brace or frame up the new section and intergrate it into the existing setup? Is there a standard as far as how far the front of the deck should be from the rear of the truck, widest truck ill be pulling with is a 03 F150.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got 6000 lb electric winch to put on it to, so ill have to mount a battery box, if I put a 7 pin connector can I use the +12v wire to top off the battery when the truck is running? Maybe ill add some ammocan storage boxes also up in front of the fenders on the side.

Attachments

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
every time I have changed a trailer to fit my/customers needs, it usually comes out bad. Meaning there is more time and money wasted than its worth.

It is better to sell that one and build a new one.

besides, if you put extention on it, it will look like ass ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts