Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
13,998 Posts
mo, i don't have anything against you or anyone on here for that matter, but how this has shifted from a warning for the open forums to a "too much racism in the tp" thread is ridiculous. terry's85toy just posted the same shit in another thread.

i stand behind anything i've said 100% and understand exactly what you are saying, but shifting the focus of this thread to the tp's rules is dumb. separate arguments altogether.
Like I said in my post, I don't frequent the TP much anymore due to this fact. Never said you didn't have the "right" to do it, I just avoid it (wow, how's that for a concept? :D)

But when it flows into the open forums (and some people don't know how to switch off the TP vs GCC switch) then it becomes a problem.

·
I'm a little angel
22,080 Posts
mo, i don't have anything against you or anyone on here for that matter, but how this has shifted from a warning for the open forums to a "too much racism in the tp" thread is ridiculous. terry's85toy just posted the same shit in another thread.

i stand behind anything i've said 100% and understand exactly what you are saying, but shifting the focus of this thread to the tp's rules is dumb. separate arguments altogether.
I officially elect you as the Scope Creep Deterrence Officer. You are now in charge of deterring any attempts at off-topic conversations in a thread or rescuing threads that have been hijacked or gone wildly off-scope.

Congratulations and good luck with that.

·
Registered
31,026 Posts
I officially elect you as the Scope Creep Deterrence Officer. You are now in charge of deterring any attempts at off-topic conversations in a thread or rescuing threads that have been hijacked or gone wildly off-scope.

Man, scope creep is a killer! We have to guard against it in every project we do. We've got a guy here, that we call "Scope Creep Ed". :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
63,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I should have made a 15 minute time limit instead of an hour. This is a really long hour and I need to go to the store :laughing: :roxy:

·
Registered
13,998 Posts

WTF? You trying to kill ChitChat? :flipoff2:

·
I'm a little angel
22,080 Posts
Man, scope creep is a killer! We have to guard against it in every project we do. We've got a guy here, that we call "Scope Creep Ed". :laughing:
I've thought that we needed someone for that for a while... and I think Dan's election will go a long way towards repairing his somewhat negative reputation. Everyone will really appreciate having a resource dedicated to avoiding these types of situations.

·
Registered
26,790 Posts
:shaking:

while we're at it, why not ax 35% links, i mean, since you guys hate freedom and all, fucking commie bastids :flipoff2:
So what you are saying is that because you have the right and ability to call someone a "cockgobbling cumslut" means you should say it to your grandmother.

Time, place and context of useage all play into it.

·
Registered
31,026 Posts
I've thought that we needed someone for that for a while... and I think Dan's election will go a long way towards repairing his somewhat negative reputation. Everyone will really appreciate having a resource dedicated to avoiding these types of situations.
Do you think we need a list of qualifications?

·
I'm a little angel
22,080 Posts
Do you think we need a list of qualifications?
Well, for form's sake, we probably should come up with something.

We should certainly make the list of qualifications as arbitrary as the power he now holds.

·
Banned
13,206 Posts
So what you are saying is that because you have the right and ability to call someone a "cockgobbling cumslut" means you should say it to your grandmother.

Time, place and context of useage all play into it.
yeah, cause that's what i said :rolleyes: i've never used the "word" in question in gcc, and i don't even use it in the tp very often and when i do it's usually aimed at lucasfury. he has the same humor a lot of the time and uses it in the same context, at the right times, in a place where it is ok......as long as you don't mention any actual black members...i guess :homer:

words are just words. freddy krueger syndrome, you give it power by believing in it :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
*tempted to post it here and erase 58 minutes from now, but am sober and realizes it's a bad idea even though it would get the lolz....

p.s. all this racist shit and not much out of me. you cracker ass cracker peckerwood white devil bastards should be ashamed of yourselves :mr-t:
DO it pussy!

·
I'm a little angel
22,080 Posts
I love poopy fruit! :homer:

words are just words
If that is the case, then you'll be fine if I just randomly edit your posts, right?

Cause, if words are just words, it doesn't really matter what words are in your post.

21 - 40 of 369 Posts