Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a break from the Bash Buggy to get the OME lift and Slee drop bar installed on my 100.

Before Pic

Pile O Stuff to install...

After the install.....

These are 33 x 13.50 x 18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. They barely fit. Small amount of rubbing in the rear portion of the front wheelwell at full turn.

Attachments

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The entire lift took me about 4 hours to complete. It would only take 1/2 that now that I have done it once. The torsion bars are tricky, but once you learn the trick they are simple.

The hardest part of this lift is fawking with the top nut on the rear shocks.

Here is a Cheapo drawer system that Summit has on sale for 1/2 price right now. It was $300 after the $75 truck delivery charge.

I think it is worth that

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
lookin' nice....I wonder if those boxes would fit in a 60 series...

bk

·
Registered
766 Posts
thanks for the tip on the drawers....ordered up a few for the cruisers...

bk

·
Registered
25 Posts
sweet another built 100....when is the armer coming???

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
nolan, learn from your past. bypass version 1-6 now and cut off the body and tube it, hybred sunray whatever axles, atlas, yadda yadda yadda..... come-on... you know you want too...:D

looks good man... :beer:

chris:cool2:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it out on the road yesterday for a 200 mile round trip (5 year old Bday party :rolleyes: )

Ride-A bit harsh. After woning an 80 series and OME lifiting it, I was expecting the night/day difference the lift made. Well, this lift runs more along the lines of other rigs I have lifted in the past. A bit more harsh of a ride but it still handles well.

Tires-The Nitto Terra Grappler 33x13.50x18's are pretty sweet. HUGE for a 33" tire. Damn near as wide as they are tall. They look good and in proportion to the big wagon. I like the 18" wheels on them too. Very low road noise too. The 100 cabin though is one of the most quiet cabins I have ridden in.

Armor is coming. The sliders and rear bumper are at a buddy's shop across town and he is armed with the right paint just waiting for a good spell of weather to squirt some body color paint on them.

Front bumper is on order with www.sleeoffroad.com and should be in next week.

If you wold like a real detailed buildup thread on a 100 series, a dude named Bull documented his buildup on IH8MUD in the 100 series section. Check it out if you are interested in the details on how a 100 series OME goes together.

Took me about 5 hours, but I could do it in 3 or less the second time.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After the first tank with the new tires, 70% hwy miles I got 13.5 MPG. Not too shabby. I cannot really tell the tires are on there. They did not whack the gearing too badly.

Here are the painted www.sleeoffroad.com sliders and bumpers. They are drying and I am gonna stick them on tomorrow :grinpimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
13.5???

You lost mileage lol

Looks good now!!!
Glad it did not have the lift for the trek that I did in it :D

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that BS folks spout about better mileage with larger tires is BS. Sure the overall ratio is down, but the rolling mass of the tires and extra weight always override the "better" gearing.

Yeah, glad it pulled down 15 or so on your trek.....

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
wngrog said:
Yeah that BS folks spout about better mileage with larger tires is BS. Sure the overall ratio is down, but the rolling mass of the tires and extra weight always override the "better" gearing......
Not to mention increased drag due to the lift. Effectively you add to your frontal area by however much you lift your rig. IE.4 inch lift with a six foot wide rig =2 more square feet of air to push. The space beneath your vehicle is so non aerodynamic that it's basically solid to the air.

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
Lookin' nice! On mamma's 100 I cranked the T-bars up about an inch to level it, then put some 265/75/16 Toyo open country MT's on her. Id like to lift it a couple more inches in the future though. How much did the kit run you? Last time I checked, it was $800! Seems kinda high for only 1.5-2" of lift!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dog walker said:
Lookin' nice! On mamma's 100 I cranked the T-bars up about an inch to level it, then put some 265/75/16 Toyo open country MT's on her. Id like to lift it a couple more inches in the future though. How much did the kit run you? Last time I checked, it was $800! Seems kinda high for only 1.5-2" of lift!
Yeah, it retails for around $800 with all the bells and whistles.

If you look around you can find 80 series guys selling the springs used and jump on those.

Also the diff drop kit and the torsion bars are really only needed if you plan on wheeling it in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts