Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Though, their ongoing expenditures in this area appear to be kept private, as they have not posted a budget here since 2011 - pitiful.
Just a observation, I believe I have read in the past forum posts that all current budgets and or book keeping information is available at all meetings, Cantina, and Black Tie and boots. I would image if you contacted the board and wanted to meet to review the books I would image that something could be worked out.

I know a good part of the trail users are on Pirate4x4 as well as other forums, I would take a guess that the RTF board volunteers don't have a lot of free time away from there everyday normal life's to cruise all the forums to answer all the questions that people may have and send out information if necessary.

I know your quite smart and with a little do diligence you could go right to the source (RTF) and find out all the information that you have questions about. Posting on Pirate that you have not see a budget in years obviously isn't working.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What a great idea!

Not to beat a long since dead horse...

Dave and I were referring to a concept of trail Stewardship related to the many, becoming "more" responsible for the few (the 1% or 10% few - doesn't matter). IMO, the Yellow Bandana program of which you sarcastically refer is related to personal responsibility; some may say more appropriately, the female hygeine variety of the white flower problem. It doesn't appear to promote packing other's "stuff" out.

Sorry for your misapprehension, as I thought that it was clear.

Frankly, after the most recent Bandana, the concept has likely played out its public usefulness. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just a observation, I believe I have read in the past forum posts that all current budgets and or book keeping information is available at all meetings, Cantina, and Black Tie and boots. I would image if you contacted the board and wanted to meet to review the books I would image that something could be worked out.

I know a good part of the trail users are on Pirate4x4 as well as other forums, I would take a guess that the RTF board volunteers don't have a lot of free time away from there everyday normal life's to cruise all the forums to answer all the questions that people may have and send out information if necessary.

I know your quite smart and with a little do diligence you could go right to the source (RTF) and find out all the information that you have questions about. Posting on Pirate that you have not see a budget in years obviously isn't working.
I appreciate your thoughtful effort to address my observations. But, I disagree with your position almost entirely.

As a small 501c3 who owes it birth and very existence to Pirate, why not here?

As a FOTR volunteer, you owe the public nothing, as an individual RTF board member, you owe the public nothing, the same can not be true for RTF as an entity. They need to make time to post who is funding them and where specifically they are spending the money. It is relevant in this thread because this thread questions the effectiveness of the trail sanitation education process.

You are close to right about one thing, I could round up the majority of the information from public sources and post it here, is that what you are really encouraging, RTF reporting is an individual's responsibility?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
We camped at Buck friday night. while hiking around Saturday morning i ran into a guy from reno who was heading to the woods to find a place to poop.

I did point out the FRESHLY CLEANED OUTHOUSE!!!

Is it just educating them or what??

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sad!

Craig, I really can't think of a time on Pirate4x4 that I have been so saddened. It is with a heavy heart that I finally see the full extent of your disconnection and actual desire to bring nothing positive to the table.

The sadness comes from the fact that I truly believe you have a lot to offer. Your obvious intellect, business success and locality to the trail put you in unique position. Unfortunately, the transparency of your hatred/jealousy for anything RTF related blinds you from the deeper issues, your distain for anything related to RTF seems to prevent you from doing anything to help even if not connected with them in anyway.

Even when presented with an opportunity/offer to help and give back in things completely unrelated to RTF you choose to side step and ignore due to the emotions and hatred controlling you. This is just so sad. I personally offered up involvement in some up coming meetings and work parties. The meetings have absolutely nothing to do with RTF, The County or any other agency. Just a guy going to discuss some trail history with a group of younger up coming folks.

I guess this could be the education process you discuss so often and call a failure on RTF's part. I personally find it disheartening and a little confusing that you will put the blame for everything (even folks pooping 10 feet from a toilet) squarely on RTF's shoulders but then also expect them to be the ones doing everything.

This attitude/approach seems very familiar to me and is almost reminiscent of a more left leaning government approach. “I expect the government to do everything for me, have no personal investment in the process but yet I will complain the whole way down the line that they are doing it wrong”. That's always seemed a little insane to me........oh wait never mind.......I digress. Craig, your disagreement with anything and everything related to RTF is clear and in some regards you and I may even agree but why do you let that be all consuming to you, why do you let that prevent you from helping in other ways?

We currently have two threads running here that you have partaken in and in both you have used them as nothing more than a way to yet again attack RTF. Your attacks on RTF in and of themselves are fine and you are of course entitled to your opinion but why oh why can't you use your assets and intellect to bring something positive or constructive to the table?

Craig my offer still stands and I hope that one day you will take me up on it. I am and will continue to be involved mostly in volunteer efforts and issues that really have nothing to do with RTF maybe you could do the same. Maybe you are, who knows. The human mind is an amazing thing and for some their thought processes and emotions can change in the blink of an eye, here’s to hoping yours changes to a more positive outlook in the coming weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds, how ever the hell that works ;)

Have a great day,
Tim.

·
5,906 Posts
As a small 501c3 who owes it birth and very existence to Pirate, why not here?
LOL, you really are a douche:flipoff2:

Oh sorry for the outrage. but had to call this out.

You have no idea, that is all............

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Last Saturday :shaking:

Bleeding breaks on the slabs
Throwing empty beer cans out of the rig
Leaking enough oil to see almost a mile away without binos

The first didn't know any better. The other two didn't care.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts