Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
RezoD said:
Well, the plug Summit sent is about 1/4" too short. :shaking: So what do I do?
Did the tank have a -08 male fitting comming out of the tank with a bulkhead nut holding it in? Was the plug a female cap that went over that?...at any rate you want to plug one of the holes somehow and should just keep the plug you bought for later.

RezoD said:
Next question... the sending unit has two nuts on top, and neither is marked. I know one goes to the gauge, and the other goes to the frame as a ground, but does it matter which? If so, how do I tell which is the ground, and which is the feed?
It doesn't matter.

RezoD said:
And finally... Just to show my uber-noobieness... How long do you guys think my d44 will last under my full size k20? ... It has stock EVERYTHING! Brakes, gears (4:10's), U-Joints... everything. Guesses anyone? :D
Replace the u-joints with new non-greasable Spicers and check the ball joint preload. Then start saving your $$$ for stronger stuff. My 77 K20 axle lasted me a few years under my K5 on 36" tires. With an open diff I didn't have to worry too much about broken axles (if you replace the stock u-joints).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts