Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Yeah, check out the one on the left. Allready has the handles. And it has already lifted a couple rigs off the ground from just turning the handle. Has about 9" of lift from the allthread.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Yeah, check out the one on the left. Allready has the handles. And it has already lifted a couple rigs off the ground from just turning the handle. Has about 9" of lift from the allthread.
oops, i missed that.:D

·
Rotten Sperm
6,517 Posts
Mine isn't totally DIY but I welded D60 drum brake drums to the bottom of 2 HF cheapo's.... I thought I had pics of them on this computer but I guess not

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
the only thing that scares me on this thread is those pics that seabass has on his puter:massey: hey seabass i have some property up in o'vile and i have never seen anybody pimpin threads that smooth, come down to sac and you see that shit all the time. those dumb ass's rollin in their cuttys lifted 6" to clear the 200# 26" triple crome spinin pieces of shits that cost more than most of are rigs. those huggybear wannabee's are:rainbow:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
These aree some I pieced together out of scrap in the garage to help with a 60 swap. The 6 tons just didn't go up high enough to grab what I needed. I used a 1 1/4 bolt to allow for small adjustments to get things level. The center is a simple 2 inch receiver and pin. Total in them is about $25 a pair.

Now go ahead and bash them and tell me to tie the legs together. I haven't seen a need, my rig is much lighter than 6 tons, and these are way stronger than the 6 tons that I bought. They might get tied together in the future, but it really doesn't need them since each leg has over 8 inches of weld holding them on.

edit: Just measured and they will do 24 collapsed and 34 extended. Next set will be out of round tube, but those are going to have to wait on some other projects to get finished.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
DownNDirty-I like those! :smokin: Very beefy!

TawlBoy, The RIDGID ones that look similar are about $65 ea, how much were those?

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
I have a set of 12ton ones from American forge, they sit at 21" and go up to about 36"

Super heavy duty and work great for everything I have used them on.

A bit pricey but well worth it, plan on picking up some more in the future.

Ill take some pics of them tonight

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for that link landslide, if shipping is reasonable, it's not worth making my own for that price.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

·
Vendor
4,132 Posts
Here's the one I built. The main outter tube is 2x.120 the second center tube is 1.75x.120 and the all thread is 1.5. The legs are 1.5x.120. I like them a lot, BUT on my next set I'm going to go ahead and spend the extra $30 for ACME threaded rod instead of this stuff, its just too much work to move that nut very far. Lift range is 19 to 46 inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Digging the adjustables...

Here are mine, they're scrap 4" od 0.25" wall pipe, 3/8" plate for the bottom and gussets, 1/4" for the top. Buddy of mine glued 'em up, those are unfortunately not my welds.

We even did up handles over the CG :D. They weigh a bloody ton, but they're very, very strong...got the idea from a friend with a trucking co, they use a similar design to hold up semis.

They work great...very, very stable.

The pic looks sorta like the shelf is bigger than the base...it's just the camera angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
A couple of pics of my homemade jack stands. Sorry for the crappy pic quality, my camera is not working and I need to send it back for work.

Larger jackstand has two large railroad tie plates as the base, 2" square tubing as the main tube, 1 1/2" tube inside that with 1 1/8"x5 acme threaded rod inside that. There is 18" of acme thread inside the stand, so there's lots of travel. I used these to lift the truck at the front bumper while doing the high lift conversion on my Toy.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
A couple of pics of my homemade jack stands. Sorry for the crappy pic quality, my camera is not working and I need to send it back for work.

Larger jackstand has two large railroad tie plates as the base, 2" square tubing as the main tube, 1 1/2" tube inside that with 1 1/8"x5 acme threaded rod inside that. There is 18" of acme thread inside the stand, so there's lots of travel. I used these to lift the truck at the front bumper while doing the high lift conversion on my Toy.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts

These are used to semi trailers from nose diving when they are being unloaded. The square one will hold 100,000 lbs.

In the trailer shop we had homemade stands, acme thread, round base, round turn handle. The round base was nice because you could roll it around.

I've been thinking of a base for the HF ratcht stands, one that has a bottle jack in it. That would make it adjustable, and if the jack leaks the ratchet pat would keep it from coming down.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts