Let's see your trails, and the aftermath. . . :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lance said:
God I hate mud! :D
you're just jealous you don't have any :D

nah, i'd love rocks around here, but i'll do with what i've got- even some rockcrawlers gotta love a little mud too.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
BowtieRed said:

nah, i'd love rocks around here, but i'll do with what i've got- even some rockcrawlers gotta love a little mud too.

Yeah, thats why its called pirate4x4, extreme ROCKCRAWLING site

cool pix though, Mud sucks, it kills everything.

·
Registered
806 Posts
hahahahahah! wow now i am really embarrsed to say im from, winston .hahahahaha i believe that place is called payne road.i hear there are fawking couches thrown at he bottom of those puddles.hahahahahah

dude when you ready to climb some rocks locally let me know .i tell ya where to go....

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
BowtieRed said:

I use snow as my "mud bogging"... Same effect, without the mess. ;)

How do you guys clean your damn rigs after every run? Seems like a HUGE PITA to me!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tj7 said:
hahahahahah! wow now i am really embarrsed to say im from, winston .hahahahaha i believe that place is called payne road.i hear there are fawking couches thrown at he bottom of those puddles.hahahahahah

dude when you ready to climb some rocks locally let me know .i tell ya where to go....
that's valley road buddy. well and some camelot. You are in winston, that's freaking ridiculous.

i'm headed to tellico this summer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's all about opinion, I mean there are tons of guys in the chevy forum that love mud. maybe i'll convert, but i live holding the gas and hitting the ruts fast. plus, i cannot afford to flip my truck, something i'll never do with mudding. so i'll definitely start REALLY easy rockcrawling.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
yeah, mud is fun to an extent. all of our rocks here are covered with the stuff. you wheel what you got, I guess. its just not in the cards for me to make it down to the hammers, or the con just yet. but i guess there's a new rock garden at TSF I'd like to hit soon.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hell that looks like fun to me. But mud is definatly a PITA to clean off/out. Its been a long time since I have had the chance to get it in the filth, Maybee this year I will make the trip down to Azuza Canyon (killer place if you like the slop).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Fawk mud. From this day forth.:flipoff2:

I just had my first test run with my rebuilt bronco last weekend all I had was Mud to play in. This was at prarie city if you've been there you know that stuff smells and tastes like shit.:D. I don't have a top so once you start you know you can't stop, resulting in piles of the stuff all over place making your pics look like puddle water in comparison.
I will admit it was fun.:fj:

One thing I did learn was an open top,fullwidth axles, big swampers, and 2wd with a little gas = a fat headache from the softball sized chunks of mud smacking you in the head :rasta:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's always different in person, because afterwards i could literally see NO paint whatsoever on the sides.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I believe ya
I had, well still have, a crust of mud over everything from 1/4" to 1". The tops of my bed rails had 2-3" of goo.
It's gonna take me a while to clean it up and make it presentable for the rocks. :D. Shit I made it easy for my self and just started cutting sheetmetal off.:skull:

·
40,288 Posts
Lance said:
How do you guys clean your damn rigs after every run? Seems like a HUGE PITA to me!
Can't be any worse than hammering out the dents after every run :p

For $5 at most events, a guy will blast the rig with a firehose. 95% done then. No firehose? Take it home, put the sprinkler underneath for awhile, then spend 15 minutes blasting the rest off - or pay your nephew $2 to do it for ya ;)

TEX

1 - 20 of 59 Posts