Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see you 4-link mounts

11K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Bushwhacker 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets see your 4-link mounts

i am trying to figure out the best way to mount my heims to my frame and would like to see what some of you guys have come up with.. please post some of you brackets/designs/fab jobs.

I would like to mount my upper mounts THROUGH the frame, but i have a box frame and am afraid of collapsing the rail. thought about sleeving it with a tube.. thought about re-inforcing the frame... thought about alot of things, but not sure how any of them will work.

#2 ·
Nothing fancy. But it works.

Lowers Crossmember

Uppers

I ran tube threw the frame, and also put a strip of 3/8" Flat bar on the frame where I ran the 4 bolts threw to hold the uppers crossmember.

#13 ·
flexj said:
How far in front of the tube is the coilover mounted? Does that give any leverage issues? I've been thinking about doing it that way or leaning the coilover.
That one is actually mine. You can tell by the differnce in the welds :D

I would have to measure but I would say its about 4-5" in front of the tube. I havent had any problems with it. I had to mount them like that because I have very little clearance from inside of the tire to my frame. The further up the better the clearnace got and I didnt want a huge angle on them.

#15 ·
Rear four link on my Scrambler frame. Upper links mounted on inner frame. Fabbed the brackets myself, fully boxed top and bottom. Bolt mounts through the frame sleeved with a piece of piece of tube. Angled the tube/mount to be perpandicular to links. No problems after two years of abuse.
Mike

Attachments

#16 ·
Outer view of same mount showing the bolt as it mounts from outside the frame.
Mike

Attachments

#18 ·
#21 ·
mount for the uppers at teh axle is pretty crucial, heard a lot of horror stories of them busting on the trail and leaving people with a real challenge for repairs/recovery.

heres a toyota rear on my brothers truck

Attachments

#25 ·
ghettojeep said:
Thickness of those tubes?

I did my first one like this but the tubes were only .134 wall since thats all my bender would handle. The frame side was strong with the K gussets, but the center twisted at the lower mounts. Rebuilt it all with .250 and double tubed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.