Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for pics of frenched spring hangers, specifically for 63" chevy springs but any pics will do. I only found a couple pics when I searched. Thanks:D Oh happy turkey day! :D

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Not frenched, but about as close as you can get w/o frenching...

The part of the hanger right above the spring eye is cut out and the top of the eye is about 1/4-3/8" from the frame rail.

Since Chevy hangers are well up onto the flat part of the frame, you can only partially french the hanger anyway since if you went too far, you'd end up with the spring hitting the frame on compression.

I like those ones Jay did. :cool:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice pics guys keep'em coming. I guess that I am looking for more what you said EricB not acctually frenching but close to it, like a ramp I guess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody have any pics of the shackle hanger and any frame boxing they did also?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Bonzai said:
Quick easy shackle hangers I made...

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Dude, it's not rocket science. Find a piece of steel that'll work, hack it up, and weld the fawker on. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
44Runner, thanks for showing your handywork. Nice to get a peek of others work, ones who have already been there and done it! Cool to get some ideas before I get started on my project this weekend.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Bonzai said:

·
Registered
346 Posts
zombie thread

I'd like to revive this thread, since it's been almost 3 years since the last post.:flipoff2:

post your pics of frenched springs hangers!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Marlin sells the frenched hangers now for like $40 or something...1/4 steel should be pretty damn strong. But like the pic of Chris's above you have to cut pretty far into your frame for them. I have a set and will post some pics when I install them.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
myota said:
Do you ever hit your spring/shackle on the frame with that set up? how's it work for you? looks good!
No, it doesn't hit. I used CAD and cycled the suspension to determine the shackle hanger position and length (10"). When the spring is completely flat, the spring-eye comes within 1/2" of the bottom of the frame. I wanted to keep the vehicle as low as possible, but also use as long of a shackle as practical.

·
Registered
346 Posts
what springs are ya'll running w/frenched hanger,and how much lift?

i'm thinking 56" f-150 would be good...how much est. lift?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts