Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what people are using for welding tables. What about work benches or work areas.
Let's see what you got.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Here's my Bad Ass table.

It has a 1" thick blanchard ground top that is nickel plated. Yeah, I hold my breath when I grind on the table to knock welds loose and so on. :flipoff2:

It was a Machine Base for a company that was discontinuing a line from their manufacturing facility. Got it for $300!:p

It has leveling feet and is heavy as hell! I have 6' by 7' of workable surface. The hole saw holes were already there, but work real good for hooking a clamp on or a machinist clamp set to keep my stock clamped down for welding.

I will be building my Henry J chassis on this table - so eventually there will be a car sitting on top of it.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
That table MUST be heavy as hell! Mine is has a 1" top plate but its only 3x3. Totally overkill for me but it came with my bender

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Here's my Bad Ass table.

It has a 1" thick blanchard ground top that is nickel plated. Yeah, I hold my breath when I grind on the table to knock welds loose and so on. :flipoff2:

It was a Machine Base for a company that was discontinuing a line from their manufacturing facility. Got it for $300!:p

It has leveling feet and is heavy as hell! I have 6' by 7' of workable surface. The hole saw holes were already there, but work real good for hooking a clamp on or a machinist clamp set to keep my stock clamped down for welding.

I will be building my Henry J chassis on this table - so eventually there will be a car sitting on top of it.
I want that:eek:

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Here's my Bad Ass table.

Drooool :smokin:

·
Registered
10,514 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nothing built yet, so all I'm usually using is either a bench vise or material set across a couple aluminum saw horses. However, I've come up with what I hope is a decent table/work bench. 32"x60"x0.5" plate top, 1.5"x.125" square tubing, 1.5"x3"x.125" tube across the front edge.. If/when I build a new garage I'll make one or two more to serve as benches across one area...

I'm thinking about using .75" bolts/redi-rod and hockey pucks as adjustable feet. Anyone have any pictures of their setups to add to this thread?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Big Reed vise bolted to one end.. smaller old wilton columbian bolted to other end.

What's the model number on that vise? I just snagged a 204 1/2 and a 104 (IIRC) from C-list. According to Reed they were both sold in the early 1930's. They are the nicest vises I've ever owned too.

·
Mr. Personality
10,288 Posts
What's the model number on that vise? I just snagged a 204 1/2 and a 104 (IIRC) from C-list. According to Reed they were both sold in the early 1930's. They are the nicest vises I've ever owned too.
I don't remember the model # . I'll check next time I'm at the shop.

Just curious, how much did you pay for both of your Reed's? Any pictures?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts