Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
People who use an RFID blocking wallet- Did you have a bad experience with someone somehow swooping your chipped card's info?

I rock a regular old leather bifold and have traveled all over the US, Europe, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. and never had an issue with someone using radio waves to compromise my information.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
I've been carrying a leather wallet/ money clip made by Colombia sports, I bought it from Target back in 2009 after I found carrying a wallet in my back pocket caused me a lot of pain by the end of the day, so it rides in my shirt pocket

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Been using a Ridge Wallet with cash strap for 3 years now. Its great. A few paper based things need to get trimmed to fit better but otherwise it has been great. Even with a bunch of cards, it was still thinner than the empty leather tri-fold is replaced.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I got tired of having a large wallet with lots of crap in it, so I made one out of walnut that carries my essential - DL, CCW permit, a couple of debit/credit cards and the entry card for work. Otherwise, I carry very little cash, and I don't hoard receipts anymore.

It's pretty sturdy, the last one I made lasted about 4 years. They don't like being dropped on the floor very much though...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
People who use an RFID blocking wallet- Did you have a bad experience with someone somehow swooping your chipped card's info?
Nope. Just happened to be RFID blocking.

And it sucks because it blocks my keycard to get in the office so I have to pull my card out every time I want in the door. Thats my only complaint about the thing though. LOVE It instead of my old tri-fold that was always full of shit that I really had no reason to be carrying around.

·
Registered
15,491 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Headed to Italy. Needed a new wallet as I don’t want to carry my LE credentials overseas. Just ordered a Flipside...thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
I remember looking at that one too. Expensive ... but nicely set up. Just can't stand that plastic "window" for licenses.
:laughing: thats why i picked it actually, i prefer not taking my ID out for people, prefer to flip it and let them look. my current wallet has it flip up, i like the flip sideways of the one in the link

·
Registered
814 Posts
:laughing: thats why i picked it actually, i prefer not taking my ID out for people, prefer to flip it and let them look. my current wallet has it flip up, i like the flip sideways of the one in the link
I don't disagree there.

But when the plastic starts yellowing & fading ... it's not covered under most warranties. "Just the leather & stitching"

So (to me) ... it becomes wasted money.

Simple solution ... stop getting pulled over where you need to flip out your license. :flipoff2::laughing:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
How many bills can it carry? I currently rock a Stealth Mode bifold but I'd like to try the Ridge if I could get at least $1k in it.

Edit: Just noticed that somehow I fucked up the link. I dont have a ridge. I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLNVYP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

really odd as i have never had a ridge and i went to my previous orders list and copied the link from there. oh well.

$1k gonna be getting tight but I think t'll go.

·
Boobs.
427 Posts
I had 1k in my ridge wallet yesterday. x4 100 bills and the rest 20's. I wouldn't want to carry that much all the time as it was pretty maxed out. If it was all in larger bills it wouldn't be an issue IMO. I have both the cash strap and clip on my ridge wallet.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts