Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Nice to see the few changes...

Guaranteed money is definately welcome and so is the reduction of the cone penalty. These were some of the main complaints voiced in the past. Maybe Bob can have a better yr this yr.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
....Just spoke with Bob

TTURoktoy- very good point- I did not catch that...
So I called Bob and asked him, explaining the confusion/conflict in his letter.

He apologized, clearly stated that the guaranteed money is a minimimum regardless of attendance and that it would go up with better attendance- 100% entry fee payback.

Just to make sure there were no misunderstandings- I said "So if you took the last Reno event which had meager participation, first place still would have paid out $4500 and so on with the guaranteed minimums?" He replied- "yes, exactly"

So... I'd say there's some money to be had at his events if you can place well enough. And FWIW, there was money to be had last yr to, just not as much and confusing about how much you could/should expect with a decent finish.

Personally, I give Bob credit for addressing something that was frustrating for many of us last yr.

Something I personally like about his events is that there is no spotter rope deals- you either drive it (spotter can still stack rocks) or you don't. And while there are still rolls here and there his courses are more technical and less point and shoot which has many drivers wanting a rope and a moose to keep them in the game (and alive). I know other drivers prefer other venues- I just think there is something to be said for the direction Bob has taken. My.02 :D

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
The frustrating cone penalty change is very welcome. I won't be involved in any of it this year, but from my experience last year ;) it screwed up some otherwise good runs for many competitors.:p

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
What's up with the no limits on the mod stock class. I hope the go is to allow guys to run "bolt on suspension" kits that where previously outlawed. Else I can see guys running full fiber glass tubs that meet the requirements.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Mod Stock

Bob and I spoke about the change to "No suspension limits" in mod stock. I would likely have been in that class last yr with a slight reduction in WB.

There are still a bunch of other mod stock rules to keep the buggies out. stock type frames and bodies as well as 2.5 max change in wb. Bob was reluctant to make this change but got a lot of grief because people could run mod stock type classes in other venues but not his- he's trying to keep in line with the other bodies to make it easier on competitors.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Disney

There is a stand alone event scheduled for Disney the weekend after labor Day. It may include some courses in the woods too. All the gates will be well loosened up to accomodate all the rockwell sized rigs in the area- so tell them to quit whining about "I built my rig for fo-wheelin and not to fit between those skinny gates" and show up and put there money where there mouth is.:D

Oh yeah- Pdaddy- We did walk all over the staircase the other day:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts