Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to put some new meats on the '79 F350. everything went fine until the drivers side rear wheel. The lugs are LH thread???? I thought I had too many beers but it does indeed have LH threads and only on the drivers side rear. Is this common?????:confused:

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Just go to the parts store and ask for new studs and nuts for the passenger rear for the same vehicle. Swap them out and make it normal like ford should of done in the first place.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any other info? What years, models, purpose? I have heard of semi tractor trailers have LH threads but never passenger trucks. Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mopar did this too on their passenger cars in the 60's. The reason for this is when you have loose lug nuts they spin off on the left side with right hand threads and will not spin off with left hand threads, that's why you'll never see left hand threads on the passenger side wheels,

Has something to do with the spinning of the lug nut around its stud while it then spins around in a circle with the wheel. Physics.........

One compounds the spin and the other cancels it out....

But too many people never knew or bothered to look and so alot of studs get busted.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts