Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any KJ (Liberty) builds going on. I just put in a 2.5" lift in my 02 and I'm looking for other Ideas and examples.

Any Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
BlackSheep KJ

·
Registered
92 Posts
This isn't hardcore tech and should be in the newb section. You're going to get roasted here.

You're pretty much limited to 3" of lift otherwise your upper control arms will hit the springs. Even with coilovers in the front you're limited to 4-4.5" of lift. With all the lift you're still stuck with a maximum of a 32" tire because any bigger and you're going to keep blowing up the aluminum d30 front diff. (ask me how I know)

And with the stock ifs you're just trading down travel for up travel that gets lost when you run extended bump stops.

You're also limited by the gearing you can stuff into the d30 which is 4.10s. I don't think anyone makes even 4.56s for the d30a.

We haven't even got into the shitty rear tri link setup that blows out the bushings with more than 2.5" of lift.

My suggestion to you is to leave your Liberty at a mild build with 2.5" lift, 30.5" tires on a 16x8 with 4.5" of backspacing. Toss a Spartan locker in the rwlear for $300. Don't even need to remove the carrier from the diff to install it.

And you'll be able to keep up with all the Wranglers on 33s and 35s that don't know how to wheel yet.

Unless I misread this and you're about to tell us about you're about your one off k frame with a 9" ifs diff in which case tell me to stfu.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
You could go the @Maximum_max route on instagram and do a 1 ton swap. I have a CRD KJ and was considering it. Then I bought waggy 44's for my TJ with a Barnes 4wd swap truss set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts