Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, any suggestions on a lift kit for this rig. I'm thinking of keeping the IFS for now and would like to find something that won't break real easy (as I hear most do). Still want to get it lifted some now as it's going to be awhile until I can afford some duece and a half axels that I eventually want to put under it.
It's currently all stock xcpt for the 33s I just got on it. Finally finished fixing the T-case and want to get it out and see what it can do!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Skyjacker Class2. No question.

You'll pay a bit more for it, but the relief from bent & twisted brackets and lost alignment will more than make up for it.

Dick Cepek may be good also, but I haven't looked one over up close to know for sure.
BTW, this belongs in "Newbie":flipoff2:

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Lars915 said:
Junk the TTB and do an SAS. It's the same cost and about the same amount of work.

Yep!

Had I found pirate4x4 a year sooner, that's what I would have done instead of getting a lift for my ttb :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
76-77 HP D44 out of a F150 with disk brakes.
you can get an axle out of a 78-79 bronco and it works the same, but the tubes on the 76-77 are thicker metal.

and yes, half way through putting on my TTB lift i looked at my truck and was like "fuck. i should have just done an SAS."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts