Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 XJ, 00 TJ, 90 YJ, 78 CJ, 03 ZJ
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. We got a new project here. A ZJ with a V8 and low miles. The 36's on it for now may be replaced with 44's. I gotta figure out the suspension and axles soon. This baby needs some work to make it right. Help me out guys!
  1. The suspension needs work. We could redo the shock mounts and just mud it, or do some coilovers inside the cab with hoops. Never did that and have no idea. Tips/links/pricing would be great.
  2. Thinking an ARB front bumper with a Harbor Freight APEX 12000 on it. Will that winch fit the ARB? I need to know for sure because we are ready to order.
  3. While ARB lockers would be great on some different axles, we're trying to keep the price down while still having durability. We're contimplating Superduty axles.
  4. I'm not sure on those pieces of 2" square stock they used for the shock mounts on the front bottoms. They (and the rears too) need to be redone. Maybe they used them because it's such a big lift and didn't want to buy much lionger shocks. Ideas?
  5. The transfer case is rolled sideways a lot. So much so that they use a wrench as a 4 wheel handle instead of the one inside. I'm hoping we can rotate the transfer case back to where it should be and then rotate the front diff to the angle we need, then relocate all the mounts on the diff to make it right. Ideas?
  6. LF door is dropped some...probably bottom pin.
  7. None of the electric windows work. Will look into that.
  8. Gonna have to fab up some removable drop bumpers to keep the cops off our asses when driving it to the mud holes.
I'll post more pics soon and yes, those decals are coming off too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The more I look at the pictures the more I scratch my head. Whoever did the fab work needs to stop! There is no cross member between the link brackets on the frame side and that rear track bar, WOW!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
There's a whole bunch of work I'd do before worrying about bumper and a winch.

If you are swapping in new axles and lockers I would re-do the suspension.

If you want it super tall like it is currently you may be able to re-use the sub frame and links, but I would definitely invest in longer shocks and coil springs at a minimum. Coilovers would be better, but they are expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts